Umbilicalpasty/Belly Button Help? (photo)

Mid 30's 2 c-sections 5'4 #108-ish I have had a breast lift w/augmentation in the past with areolar reduction. I am having issues with my surgery but that is for another post :) I have had 2 Dr's tell me 2 different options: full tummy tuck, or a horizontal incision extending about an inch and a half on both sides of my belly button. Both results require more scarring for the price of improving my belly button look. Are these really my only options?!?!

No surgery

+1
The photos are not ideal but I think that surgery will leave a scar that is visible and have limited possible benefit.  Consider surgery carefully.
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Full abdominoplasty in my opinion is the only option.

+1

If you're willing to undergo an operation the sizable is an abdominoplasty I think you can expect a very good result. I think you'll be disappointed if you try to cut corners.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/

Umbilicalpasty/Belly Button Help?

+1

Dear Staycee,

Thank you for your post.  You look very fit and have lost all your pregnancy weight very nicely.  However, this is more a question of loose skin.  You already have a c-section scar.  Just extending this scar and keeping it nice a low, you could make your belly look the way it did before any pregnancy.  It seems like a good trade to me, but only you can decide that.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=79&StartRow=1

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Umbilicalpasty/Belly Button Help?

+1

Poorly posted photos do not allow us to respond with good advise. Best to either re post or obtain in person additional opinions. 

Possible candidate for in umbilicoplasty

+1

If the skin of your abdomen is tight.  You may want to consider just an umbilicoplasty.  It appears that you have a bit of an outie umbilicus With some superior fullness.  After in examination there may be a smaller procedure such as Umbilicoplasty which may be appropriate in your particular situation.

Tummy tuck for loose belly button

+1

In order to better assess your abdomen, I would like to see the c-section scar, the redundancy of the skin and fat around the c-section scar and also evaluate the looseness of the tissue above the umbilicus. Depending on the above three factors, you may either benefit from a full tummy tuck, or you may need a mini-tuck with the repositioning of the belly button and closure of the location of the old belly button with a vertical scar. The vertical scar would be around 2-3 cm and fade over one year. Hope this answer helps. Good Luck!

Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Umbilicoplasty....tummy tuck

+1

Whatever you are doing to tone your abdomen.........GREAT JOB  One way to approach your case is to do an umbilicoplasty with concentric circles around your present belly button and thereby tighten the skin but more importantly to shape your belly button without extending incisions onto your abdominal skin.  Probably the best way  to approach your case  is to do the tummy tuck with a low scar in your brief panty line but this might result in a small vertical midline incision if the belly button opening in the redraped skin does not come below the horizontal incision.  This scar is MUCH better than scars extending out from the "new" belly button shape.  The beauty of this approach is that your skin is TIGHT!!!!   It also would allow a tightening of the abdominal muscles for your diastasis. 

Web reference: http://www.theplasticsurgerygroup.net/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=144&StartRow=17

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Umbilicoplasty

+1

I think you do have a third option. You may benefit from skin removal from the top of the belly button. This wold remove the "hooding" that you see. Cosmetic belly button surgery is one of my most popular procedures and can be done under local anesthesia in less than 45 minutes, with the scar confined to only around the top of the belly button. This may give you enough improvement to make you happy, and allow you to avoid a more extensive surgery with extensive scarring. 

Web reference: http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery.com/body/umbilicoplasty/

Umbilicalpasty/Belly Button Help?

+1

Unfortunately, the photo is not sufficiently helpful--I am having trouble seeing the issue. A closer view would help. 

From looking at the photos, and your fitness, I see no advantage for adjusting anything but the navel, and I feel that even an "ideal" outcome would have a scar that might well be worse than is the problem.

All the best.