Possible to Lose Too Much Weight Before Hernia Repair and Tummy Tuck?

I weigh 150 pounds from a maximum of 190 pounds, I am 5'5 tall. I am having a hernia removed in August, and will be having a tuck at the same time. I want to lose 10-20 pounds before then - currently my waist measures 36" but the pants I wear are 30". Is it dangerous for me to lose this weight?

Lose weight and tummy tuck

+1

It will only benefit you if you are close to your ideal weight. Lose the weight in a healthy manner.

The BEST Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Results are seen in People with IDEAL Weight

+1

People who are thin and at their ideal weight often achieve stunning cosmetic surgery results. If you can lose weight in a healthy fashion before a body contouring surgery you will not regret it.

Weight Loss Prior to Tummy Tuck

+1

It is always best to be at or near your ideal body weight at the time of your tummy tuck.  I do not see a problem with an additional 10-20 pound weight loss in your situation unless it results in a abnormally low serum protein, which coulkd interfere with wound healing.

John Whitt, MD

Weight loss before tummy tuck and hernia repair

+1

Ideally you should be within 10 pounds of your goal weight before surgery.  As to whether on your frame, the extra weight loss is appropriate, only a doctor who has examined you could really say.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS