I Have an Umbilical Hernia Which Would Be the Best Choice for Me Full TT or MINI Also Can the Umbilical Hernia Be Fixed? (photo)

I'm 5"5 and I weigh 130 lbs .

+2

Full TT with mesh repair of umbilical hernia. But you need in person visits to understand the operation fully. 

Full Tummy Tuck and Umbilical Hernia.

+2

You can be benefits with a  full tummy tuck to repair your muscles and remove excess skin, liposuction of the waist also to improve its contour. Umbilical Hernia can be fix during the tummy tuck.

Walkiris Robles, MD

Full Tummy Tuck and hernia repair

+2

Your case have to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon but just  watching your photos i can tell that a full tummy tuck would be the best procedure to repair the hernia and your abdominal wall muscle to get a better shape, best wishes!!

Australia Fragoso Baez, MD

Full Tummy Tuck or Mini? Umbilical Hernia Repair?

+2

While there are a variety of abdominoplasty techniques that can produce good results in patients with varying anatomies, it would be unlikely that your particular anatomy would lend itself to obtaining a satisfactory cosmetic result with a mini tummy tuck. An umbilical hernia can be repaired at the time of the abdominoplasty.

Keep in mind that following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the advantages and disadvantages of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you trust and are comfortable with and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

.

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Repair of an umbilical hernia at the time of a standard abdominoplasty

+2

If you have an umbilical hernia it can be repaired at the time of a standard abdominoplasty.  The area around the umbilicus is usually not manipulated during a mini-abdominoplasty.  

Full tummy tuck and umbilical hernia repair

+2

Yes!  I think the surgeon can repair an umbilical hernia at the same time as a tummy tuck.  It is relatively easy to do since you are operating in that location.  Your pictures show, that as a mom of 4, your result would be best with a full tummy tuck.  It would be magic for you.  Make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon that has a lot of experience in this field.

Cheers!

Elisa A. Burgess, MD

I Have an Umbilical Hernia Which Would Be the Best Choice for Me Full TT or MINI Also Can the Umbilical Hernia Be Fixed?

+2

I think that a minitummy tuck will not improve the skin around the belly button.   You may want to consider a tummy tuck to improve the problematic skin around the belly button.  Hernia repair can be performed at the same time.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Umbilical hernia and tummy tuck

+2

You need a full tummy tuck and your hernia, if you have one, can be fixed at the same time. You have a lot of extra loose skin. If you only weigh 130 lbs. than my guess is that the rest of you is rather thin and you should get a great result. Go get some consults to be sure.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Full TT or MINI

+2

A mini-TT will only address the lower abdomen, and you have skin and abdominal wall issues that extend above the navel, so a full TT is in order. 

The hernia of course can be fixed. An exam will determine whether it is wise to fix at the same time. During a standard TT the navel is left in place, and it gets its blood supply from the attachment to the abdominal wall. The hernia repair may disrupt the blood supply and cause loss of the navel, so some surgeons would prefer a separate operation for the hernia.

Thanks and best wishes. 

You are no candidate for a mini abdominoplasty.

+1

A full abdominoplasty can restore total integrity to the abdominal wall and remove the sizable amount of excess skin shown in the photograph. You're not a candidate for a mini tummy tuck.