Umbilical Hernia Surgery - Did I Damage Results at Theme Park?

I had a tummy tuck 7 weeks ago. (with Muscle Repair and Hernia repair.) My friends invited me to Six Flags last week...so I was 6 weeks post-op. I called my PS before agreeing to go and the nurse said to take it easy and if I were to go on rides, just make sure that I dont put pressure on my stomach. She said be careful. I went on the smallest roller coaster there, but it was rough. I was wondering if I had caused damage to my hernia, would I know for sure? If so, where would I hurt? Thanks!!

Damaging a tummy tuck and hernia repair

+1

It is sometimes difficult to know if a repair has been disrupted in the early period. I would observe this for now. Over time a recurrent hernia or imaging study to diagnose the condition would be more likely.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Roller coaster 6 weeks after tummy tuck

+1

You may have overdone it a bit, but I'd be surprised if you had any permanent damage.  To know for sure, you'll need to see your surgeon for an evaluation.  This would be particularly important if you are having increased abdominal pain, muscle spasms, swelling, or new bruising, for instance.

Post abdominoplasty activity

+1

There is no way to answer this question without examining you, and the best qualified doctor to do this is your surgeon.  Discomfort with activity six weeks after abdominoplasty is not unusual.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com/body/tummy-tuck-san-diego/