Umbilical Hernia Repair Recovery Versus Rectus Diastisis Repair and a Tummy Tuck?

I have an umbilical/epigrastric hernia, rectus diastasis and slight lower abdominal bulge and a bit of loose skin, no extra fat. I am extremely active every day lifting weights and doing cardio at the gym. Will my recovery be easier and shorter if I just fix the hernias now with mesh by a GP? In a year or two when my kids are older I can then fix the bulge and muscles with a tummy tuck by a PS. See photos attached.

Hernia repair, Tummy Tuck

You are in great shape, congratulations.  This is also a scary situation when considering cosmetic surgery, because everything can be visible through the skin that is done below- including sutures and mesh.  There simply is no place to hide here!

I don't see your lower bulge.

I can't see your hernias on your pics, so I can't render an opinion on those either.

I can tell you that if you mean general practitioner, I would say NO!.  My strong advice to you is to get evaluated by a fully trained plastic surgeon and if needed, a general surgeon.  Mesh carries with it complications and you need a lot of information prior to deciding.  You may only get one shot at this.

sek