Umbilical Hernia and Diastasis Recti in a Thin Person?

I have an umbilical hernia and diastasis recti (two fingers).The thing is I have 110 pounds,71 cms waist and Im a active person.I dont have much loose skin in my tummy so I dont want to get a tummy tuck.I've managed to close my diastasis two fingers in six months I am feeling a slight pain around the navel and I resent the small lump in my belly.Could be repair my hernia and diastasis in the same operation with the incision in my navel? Who could do this operation a general surgeon or a plastic surgeon?

Umbilical hernia

+1

i routinely repair both the umbilical hernia and the diastasis at the same time. this may be difficult to do only through the periumbilical incision.

Hernia repair and diastasis repair

+1

I recommend the hernia be repaired by a general surgeon.  I would discuss your rectus diastasis with them and see if they feel comfortable repairing it.  If not they may be able to team up with a plastic surgeon who can.

Repairing an umbilical hernia and diastasis at the same time

+1

without skin excision could be done endoscopically through the bully button incision.  Find a surgeon with experience to do this for you locally.  Skin can be loosened with large liposuction cannulas to help minimize the buckling mentioned by Dr. Gottlieb. 

+1

The hernia ought to be repaired, but I am nor sure why you are thinking about repairing the diastasis.  When a wide diastasis is repaired without a TT, the skin can buckle since it is dragged toward the midline.

If it needs repair, it will vary from area to area as to who has the endoscopic skills to fix the diastasis. Call around.

Thanks, all the best.