Umbilcal Hernia Recovery and Joining U.S Army?

I had umbilical hernia mesh surgery in march of 2012 and the surgery was a success. I am now jogging and doing push and sit up. Is is advisable I join the army now or should I wait for more months?

Heavy activity and hernia repair

+2

It is advisable to wait about three months after any type hernia repair to perform situps.  The scar tissue must be strong enough to support the core with out tearing apart the repair.  If you had an internal repair through the "scope", the time to decrease activity is reduced.  As you have already been exercising without adversity, you are likely ready for increased strenuous activity.  Good luck.  Ask your doctor his opinion.