Is Ultratherapy Effective For Lifting Brows?

Specifcially for lifting my brows

Ultherapy and Brows

+1

Yes, Ultherapy is a very effective treatment for lifting the brows.  Its effectiveness will not be as dramatic as a surgical brow lift, but it is a great non-surgical option.

Ultherapy can help lift eyebrows

+1

Ulthera is a focused deeply penetrating ultrasound energy that without surgery can help provide a lift.  Its effectiveness would not be expected to provide the same amount of a lift as a surgical brow lift, but without surgery it is impressive how much lifting some patients receive.  The forehead when tightening, can produce a lift of the eyebrow/eyelid complex and help patients who no longer can have Botox injected for horizontal upper forehead lines as they suffer from dropped eyebrows because their skin has sagged so much over the years that they need to use their forehead muscle to keep up the skin of the upper eyelids. Ultherapy does not work on all patients and those who have been very damaged by sunexposure and have lost a great deal of their skin's elasticity will not gain as much and sometimes, not any, benefit.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ulthera for Brow Lifting

+1

I have never seen significant brow lifting using the ulthera regimen. Minimal brow elevation can be achieved with Botox. The most reliable, predictable way to elevate the brows is with surgery, either with an endoscope  or with the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Lift which we described many years ago.  With this last technique we can maintain or improve the hairline position, achieving a natural result.

Ulthera for brow lifting

+1

The  clinical trials for Ulthera that the FDA clearance was based on specifically looked at brow elevation. It does not do as much as a surgical brow lift, so it is most appropriate for patients who are not yet ready for surgery. In general, we are seeing the best results in patients in their 40's to early 50's.

Richard Baxter, MD

Ulthera Effective for Brow Lifting

+1

Ulthera is effective for providing a mild elevation of the lateral brow.  I cannot specifically address your brow as I do not have a photograph.

Ulthera does not provide the same degree of lifting as a surgical procedure. It is an option for the patient who requires or desires a minimal or very moderate elevation of the lateral brow.  Treatment of moderate brow ptosis or a brow with greater droop requires a temproplasty or full brow lift.  The incision is placed two to three finger breathes behind the fronto-temporal  hairline and the brow is elevated under direct vision or endoscopically.

Ultrasonic lifting of the brow with Ulthera is advantageous as it is a quick, walk-in and walk-out procedure with no down time.  Patients may experience slight swelling after the procedure which disappears after a day, and tingling in the lateral forehead because of the large nerve bundles under the skin for about two weeks.

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlifts are done best with surgery-- not treatments.

+1

Browlifts are done best with surgery-- not treatments.  The Irregular Trichophytic Forehead lift will give you what you want totally not just a tiny bit of elevation. Your hairline can be lowered as well. We described this 30 years ago and patients like it better than the alternatives unless they have a vvery low hairline.

+1

I have performed Brow Lifts for over 20 years and IMHO, Ulthera, Thermage and other various Lasers have the ability to modestly elevate the eyebrows.  The limitations, of all of these non-surgical treatments IMO, are they are limited, unreliable and unpredictable in the amount and area of the brows that they can and will lift.  

Photos would help in the evaluation and if your eyebrows are very low or asymmetric, IMO you might want to consider a Coronal Brow Lift that remains the "gold standard" in Brow Lift Procedures.

Browlifting techniques

+1

Ulthera has a few published photos of modest lifting of the brow.  In clinical presentations, the results are varied and under-impressive.  The idea behind Ulthera is good, but more improvement is needed before they can say it is a  procedure for browlifting.  Our trademarked Invisiline procedure can accurately and reliably lift the brow resulting in a very natural look via an incision only in the eyelid.  This would be a better option.

David Alessi, MD

Ulthera for brow lift

+1

It's okay.   I performed about 50+ procedures last year and I thought it was nice for the face and reliable but the brow was a little hit or miss.  I the plus side the treatment was short and easy.  If it didn't work that well then you were only out some money because it is very low risk.

Here's a few things your provider may or may not mention.

1.  You can have some change in sensation of your forehead for about 2 weeks.  It's almost expected since you're treating right over some large sensory nerve bundles but it does go away.

2.  You should only expect a few millimeters of elevation but that can have a dramatic effect on your appearance.

3.  Negotiate your price.  The cost (to the office) of using the Ulthera for the brow is a FRACTION of what it is for the face.  Make sure what you are charged is consistent with the potential improvement you can receive.

4.  Surgery will give you the best result, longer lasting, for a similar price.  However, you have down time, etc.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon