Ultrasound on my Left Saline Implant is Showing That the Implant Has a Lump and Not the Surrounding Tissue?

I recently felt a lump located at the top of my left breast, above saline implant. It was hard & protruding thru the breast tissue. The ultrasound showed that there was a lump at the top of the implant. The doctor advised me that this was not a tumor, but that the lump was part of the implant itself. My family doctor stated that it was like holding a balloon in your hand, as you squeeze, parts of the balloon will escape between the fingers and bulge out. Is the implant defected? is this covered?

Breast Lump and Implants

Although an ultrasound is a start, a comprehensive exam by a breast surgeon with additional imaging may be needed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Ultrasound of Saline Implant

Other x-rays are likely to help clarify what is ion your breast. I suggest you follow up with a breast surgeon to entirely evaluate your situation.

Implant and breast lump?

If you have a specific breast lump that is not the implant, then I suggest you see a breast surgeon to be properly evaluated.  Good luck.

Lump above Breast Implant

Have you had a mammagram?  My advice would be to see a Breast Surgeon for an evaluation.  Don't wait on this.  Be sure you take your records with you to the appointment.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD