Ultrasound or Laser Liposuction for Love Handles on Men?

I'm looking into love handles Liposuction, and as a male, I'm wondering if Ultrasound or Laser Liposuction makes a difference in the final result. Is one necessarily better than the other for men in the removal of fat from the love handles?

Thanks,
Sean

Surgeon more important than technology.

+1

You will find that the most important decision you make is who does your procedure not the type of liposuction machine that is used.

I would suggest consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Laser liposuction by a chimp is still monkey work...

+1

Pick your surgeon first. He or she can tell you the best treatment for your problem. If you shop for a technique or certain procedure instead, that makes as much sense as choosing a hammer and then finding a carpenter who uses that type of hammer.

Go see a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in the type of problem that you have. This will provide you with the best chance of receiving a well-founded recommendation for treatment based on your particular situation.

Remember, sometimes, if “all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” Be wary of facilities and physicians who try to sell you on the hammer…..that might be all they have in their toolbox´üŐ

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Better Liposuction Technique

+1

I can confidently tell you there is NO difference in the final result, regardless of which liposuction technique is used. The result is more dependent on the surgeon's skill and "aesthetic eye".

But why not prove it to yourself and compare before and after photos of liposuction patients. You will see a good result is a good result regardless of technique. You most likely will pay more for these techniques with no added benefit.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Love Handles - Laser Liposuction (LAL) or VASER liposuction (UAL)

+1

Having used Power assisted (PAL) liposuction, VASER (UAL) and regular "plastic surgeon manual powered" liposuction on male "love handles" I feel that either VASER or PAL are the way to go. Laser assisted liposuction (LAL) (SmartLipo, ProLipo etc) is still in its infancy and has several years to go before the current high rate of uneven heating and burns is controlled with better technology.

In the end, the judgment, experience and hands of the surgeon count a lot more than the technique he / she uses.

Ultrasound and laser liposuction have more potential side effects

+1

Ultrasound and laser liposuction have more potential side effects than manual liposuction because they burn the tissues. An increasingly frustrating part of my practice is dealing with unhappy patients who have had these types of liposuction.

The key is to see a very experienced liposuction surgeon.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction can be achieved with various techniques and tools.  I wouldn't be bogged down with the technique. Remember it is not the wand but the magician waving the wand that creates the magic. In other words, find a good surgeon.

Ultrasound or Laser Liposuction for male love handles

+1

I agree, it is the doctor, not the exact type of liposuction technique, that offers the result - TO A DEGREE! I find the laser lipolysis, ie SMART LIPO MPX unit gives the better result due to the skin tightening it affords. ONLY if a true expert in Smart Lipo using the MPX unit does the operation. So it is the experience but also the type of machine in concert to attain that great result. Best of luck.

Ultrasonic Liposuction offers some advantages for males

+1

The classic reasons to use ultrasonic are for male love handles, redo areas of lipo where there is scarring and tougher tissues, and male gynecomastia (breast development).

My experience is that the ultarsonic system goes through these tougher tissues and makes fat extraction easier and less traumatic. My experience is more limited with the SmartLIpo MPX system, which I also use, but my current belief is that it does not soften the tougher tissues as well as the ultrasonic system.

As already stated, choosing a surgeon who will skillfully use the best technology for your situation is far more important than the actual technology itself.

The makers of the equipment have gone a long way to promote their pricey systems on the internet, but your board-certified plastic surgeon is the one to look to for answers.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

What is the best machine for liposuction.

+1

The best machine for liposuction is the one that an experienced liposuction surgeon uses to produce good results. It is the surgeon, not the machine. Any (PAL, Laser, Ultrasound) can give excellent results, if the surgeon is good. The converse is also true.

Ultrasound versus Laser liposuciton

+1

Laser liposuction (Smartlipo) works very well for love handles. The laser fiber melts the fat and coagulates the small blood vessels. This helps remove the fat through smaller holes and helps reduce bruising. However, if larger areas of liposuction are required, then power-assisted liposuction (PAL) is the best. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD