Ultrasonic Massager Does the Same Thing As Liposonix and UltraShape?

I did some research, my conclusion is that Ultrasonic massager does the same thing as Liposonix and Ultrashape. I just want to have a some input from the experts. Any opinions?

Liposonix is the only FDA approved fat melting device and now available in the U.S.

+1

As of Dec. 2011, I'm one of the first U.S. centers to offer the Liposonix, the first FDA approved fat melting device.  It uses high-intensity focused ultrasound to cause lysis or destruction of the fat cells.  There is no other device that can make this claim in the U.S.  It is  nonsurgical liposuction, a revolutionary technologic breakthrough.  It is not a replacement for liposuction because you cannot remove the high volumes of fat possible thru liposuction but you can get about an inch reduction (2.5 cm) in fat per treatment per area.  UltraShape also uses HIFU but has not received FDA clearance and is not available in the U.S.  Clinical trials for both devices have shown impressive and consistent results.  No other ultrasound device can make these claims of fat destruction.  The Vaser Shape and other similar devices are unfocused ultrasound which does not alter or change the fat in any way--they are more like a warm massage.  The most important concept for the consumer to understand to not be misled is to know there are 2 kinds of ultrasound:  focused and unfocused.  Only high-intensity focused ultrasound causes destruction or melting of fat, unfocused ultrasound does not.

Web reference: http://www.eastbaylaser.com/

Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Massagers will not do the same thing as HIFU (Liposonix, Ultrashape)

+1

Your research has misled you. Liposonix and Ultrashape use a technology called High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU), which focuses the ultrasound energy into the fat tissue resulting in controlled destruction of the fat cells. This tissue is then metabolized by the body resulting in collapse of the area - like liposuction, only noninvasively. Ultrasonic massage is just that - massage - and does not have the potential for tissue reduction the way that HIFU does.