Is Ultrasonic Liposuction a Better Choice of Lipo for a Microliposuction of the Face (Cheeks, Jawline and Jowl)?

I was told that before putting malar implants to project my cheekbones it is necessary to get rid of the fat in my face. I would like to know if ultrasonic lipo which is more expensive is a better choice, with more precision, than regular lipo when working on the face.

Liposuction of face? and cheek implants?

+1

I do not routinely liposuction the face because it may cause premature aging.  I am not sure why your surgeon recommended it and then cheek implants?

Liposuction before Cheek Implants?

+1

WIthout examining you it is difficult to comment on your particular situation. I have never heard of the need to get rid of facial fat as a prerequisite to cheek implants. There are many Plastic Surgeons currently that do not generally advocate removal of facial fat due to the hollow look that can develop as the patient ages.

If you are unsure of your surgeon's recommendations, I suggest that you seek out a second opinion from another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to proceeding.

Eugene J. Sidoti, Jr., MD
Scarsdale Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction before cheek implants?

+1

Without a photos I am not sure I get the rationale for the liposuction at all. Maybe a second opinion is in order. As a rule, the skill of the surgeon is far more important than the technology used. All the best.