Ultra High Profile Breast Implants for Tall Women?

I went for my sizing yesterday and explained I did not want to go big and fake. I was told I have good breast tissue and with my height of 5'9" and uneven breast should go with 455cc on left and 480cc on right, ultra high profile.

I am concerned this is going to be huge and fake, will be going under muscle. They looked good under the bra and with a top, but is this going to be the same once inserted?

SEE VIDEO (CLICK HERE) FOR IMPLANT SIZER PREDICTION BEFORE AND AFTER: Ultra High Profile Breast Implants for Tall Women?

+3

This method of sizing is reasonably accurate method of sizing prior to breast augmentation. See video for exmaples of before and after

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Ultra high profile breast implants will not give a natural look

+3

In the US, I think of ultra high profile implants as the Allergan Style 45 gels, which are quite round in appearance. I would expect you to size with either a moderate proflie or high profile implant, depending on the size you desire. In your sizing appointment, if you placed the implants in a sports bra and viewed yourself in the mirror, this is a pretty good representation as to what you might expect from surgery. Make sure you have a good understanding of the size, style, and type of implant you will have prior to surgery.

Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html

High profile breast implants in a tall patient

+2

I'm not sure what "ultra high profile" is but high profile implants in general tend to have a rounder/fuller look than moderate profile implants. The final implant size depends alot on the cup size you would like to ultimately become. Looking at your photo, it appears that you are around a B cup, and that adding the implants that you selected, subpectoral, you'll likely end up at a D cup.

The question of whether or not this will look too large or fake is something you should discuss further with your plastic surgeon. Your skin's elasticity will ultimately guide the final implant size and your surgeon will use this factor in helping determine the best size for your frame.

Once the implant is inserted subpectorally, they will actually appear slightly smaller.

If you're concerned, I suggest having a second consultation with your plastic surgeon and review some implants of different sizes before committing to those listed above.

Implant Sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Implant size selection

+1

In recommending implant size to a patient, we like to examine patients in person so that we can measure patients' weight, height, chest width, chest height, and breast tissue.  Also, we want to know what our patients' desired look/goal is.  I would recommend you to visit with a reputable, board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you.  You can also bring in desired photos so that your plastic surgeon can see. Best wishes.

Ultra High Profile Silicone Gel Implants Are Available From Mentor in U.S.

+1

I have experience working with Mentor's Ultra High Profile silicone gel implants and find them useful for women who want a lot of projection but are petite and/or have narrow chest width. The newer Ultra High Profile implants, which I've been using since Summer 2012, allow you to use a smaller implant and still create the projection that is desired.

For the same reason, women with wide chests may prefer a moderate profile implant in order to adequately fill the chest. A good consultation visit with time spent on sizing and discussing alternatives is your best bet.

Web reference: http://www.dr-youngforever.blogspot.com/2013/03/ultra-high-profile-implants-growing-in.html

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation in tall women: Avoid Ultra high profile!

+1

My opinion is very contrary.  Tall women generally need wider based implants for better height, superior pole fullness and to accomodate their wide chest wall.  I would select low profile implants placed in a carefully designed subfascial plane in order to create projection exactly where it is needed and a tapered natural tear-drop shape.  Placing high profile implants is likely to gave you an unnatural artificial appearance with breasts that are too narrow and do not blend with your body.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://www.rianmaercksmd.com/subfascial-breast-augmentation-miami.html

What size to choose?

+1

Clear communication with your plastic surgeon is important in achieving the desired goals of the patient.  I like to communicate with patients with “goal” pictures.  During surgery, I use temporary sizers to determine the size/profile that will give the patient the look she is looking for. Trying to predict the size of the implant preoperatively is not ideal.  I think it is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the size of the implant.  Ideally, the surgeon would make that determination once he/she is in the operating room with sizers in and examining the patient in the upright and supine position.  There are many variables that come into play when choosing the correct implant size (how much breast tissue the patient currently has, the shape of the chest wall (concave vs. convex), etc..  Some places have you put bags of rice or implants in your bra – that is normally not very accurate.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/choosing-your-size.htm

Ultra high profile

+1

Sounds like " Super test"!  But in the US we only have high profile so I can only imagine they have more projection and are narrower.  I do use alot of HP's and they usually look quite good.  I could';t say without an exam and knowing more about those implants.

Ultra HP implants will look very fake

+1

The intent of extremely HP implants is to create a very full unnatural look.  Allergan Style 45's are this kind of an implant.  Mentor gel HP's are not as unnatural as these Allergans so one HP is not the same as another. From your starting piont, you could do fine with moderate or moderate plus implants.