Ultra-diet After Liposuction?

Hi, I'm a very health-nut, eating 1300 calories a day, exercise 5 times a week, and am about 123 lbs at 5'3". I have a few fat bulges I'd like to remove. From what I've read, after liposuction patients "should" eat less than what they did at their pre-operative weight in order not to gain overall weight in other non-suctioned areas. If I had liposuction done, does this mean I would have to eat less calories than I do now? If I drop below 1200 calories, my body will go into starvation mode.

Diet

+1
Hello, After liposuction there is no regimen you need to keep, specially if your a healthy eater already. With liposuction your able to get rid of those stubborn fat pockets without worrying about getting them back.

You do not need to ultra-diet after liposuction.

+1

Liposuction will get rid of those stubborn pouches and give a great shape which you will  maintain very easily afterwards without having to go on a ultra-diet. It is easy to undergo and you are back walking the next day and exercising in just 1 week and back to work in only 2 days. Be sure to get it done by a lipo doc who does it under local tumescent anesthesia with the micro canulas so you get the safest and best results since you are awake, comfortable and can standup and turn in all sorts of positions to see that it is smooth and symmetrical. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Dieting after liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question.At your height and weight your BMI is 21-22. If you have isolated areas of fat deposits in spite of your restricted calorie intake, you are an excellent candidate for liposuction or contouring these areas. You do not need to restrict your calorie intake further. These changes will be permanent and you will keep your shape. See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation to discuss these issues in more depth. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon