Can You Have Ulthrapy Immediately After Neck Lipo?

just one week ago, I had neck lipo, and then immediately had ulthrapy on the neck area. my lower lip doesn't work correctly. My smile is crooked.I concerned about perminent damage.

Ultherapy for skin lifting and neck liposuction for a tighter neck

+1

Liposuction could cause a temporary relaxation of the marginal mandibular nerve. Should this rare complication occur, it often reverts to normal function but can take many weeks to months. Ultherapy can also cause this nerve weakness without liposuction. Ultherapy is not done over the forward mandible (jaw bone) with the deepest transducer but the more superficial transducer can be used over the forward section of the mandible or jaw bone. this rare complication often reverses to a normal function by itself but can take many months.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/ultherapy/index.html

Ultherapy after neck lipo may improve results

+1

Thre are a few theoretical advantages to having Ulthera after neck lipo: for one, because of the numbing solution that is infused for the lipo, it shouldn't be too painful. I did a study a few years ago with Thermage immediately post lipo and found 40% more skin tightening compared to lipo alone (this by the way is about twice as much as has ever been reported with laser lipo.) Ultherapy also works by thermal stimulation leading to collagen remodeling, so it seems it is reasonable to expect an enhanced result though this has not yet been studied specifically. Re the crooked smile, it could be related to either part of the treatment but I would expect it to be temporary.

Crooked smile after neck procedures should improve

+1

The problem you are describing sounds like the marginal mandibular branch of the facial nerve on one side was stretched or inflamed.  This can happen with liposuction or with Ultherapy, thought it is rare with both.  If the lip moves but just has some weakness, the problem will resolve with time as the swelling and inflammation subside.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon