Ultherapy Done Today on Full Face, Swelling on Lower Cheeks and Now Bruising On Both Cheeks?

I read this is normal. My question is should I work out in the morning - I work out with a personal trainer mostly with weights. I appreciate some thoughts. Thank you.

Rest for 2-3 days

I have occasionally seen bruising after Ultherapy. It is usually in the temple areas but can also be seen in the cheeks. Did you take any Aspirin or Advil before? Where you on any types of blood thinners? Vitamin E by mouth? Either way it should resolve in about a week. I would refrain from strenuous exercise for a few days. Discuss it with your doctor but I am a believer in Arnica.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Ultherapy bruising is not common

If the transducer is not perfectly perpendicular to the treated area or if excessive energy is used, there is potential for bruising, esp around lower cheeks and jawline near the corners of the mouth. Nevertheless, if you did get such bruising it will go away. Give it 2 weeks. 

Ultherapy for facial lifting and exercise

Check with your doctor before you exercise to make sure the bruising is nothing more than a bruise. The swelling you have could worsen with exercise and your doctor might prefer you to wait for the swelling to go away first before resuming your work out.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon