Ultherapy on Lower Face and Neck 3 Weeks Ago. Don't See a Lot of Difference?

I had Ultherapy in my lower face and neck 3 weeks ago. I still don't see a lot of difference but my major concern is what can I do for the lines at the corner of my mouth ( like an inverted smail) will the Ultherapy help or what should I do for this problem. Thank you Tania of NJ

Ultherapy results takes patience

+2

Thank you for your question.  This treatment truly takes 3 to 4 months to see results. The ultrasonic heat is created in the deep tissue which causes tightening and contraction of tissue over time.

Ultherapy results will come

+2

Although individuals may start to see early signs of improvement within a few short weeks after treatment with Ultherapy, the effects are gradual, with the most dramatic results typically noticed 3-4 months after the procedure.  

You may very well see improvement at the corners of your mouth as your tissue begins to tighten and lift.  

If you don't receive the full correction you had hoped for in a few months, you might want to consider a filler or possibly even botox to help create your desired outcome.

Kimberly Cayce, MD
Columbia Dermatologist

How fast will I see my Ultherapy results?

+1

As previously noted, Ultherapy results will take about 4 to 6 months in terms of a final result.  Without a preop photo and information related to your preoperative status, I can't comment on how good a candidate you were for treatment.  In general though, patients see an initial contraction and tightening of the skin, but then the ensuing months provide for a less drastic change in contour.  For the moment, you just have to hang in there and wait for these changes.  Some may get a bit frustrated, but in the long run, most are happy and see a significant improvement.  Unfortunately, to answer your question, what you need to "do for this problem" is nothing right now.  Give it some time.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy Results

+1

Thank you for your question. Since you are only 3 weeks post treatment, your final results are not yet evident. Generally, patients may enjoy some initial effect but the ultimate lifting and toning will take place over 2-3 months, as tired collagen is replaced with new, more elastic collagen. As this collagen-building process continues, further improvements can appear up to 6 months following a procedure.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Ultherapy on lower face and neck

+1

It takes a minimum of 3 months to start really seeing the stimulation of collagen and skin tightening from Ultherapy.  Some patients notice a change earlier, but just because you did not does not mean you not see an improvement.  It is hard to say whether it will have a direct effect on the corners of the mouth.  That area often requires help with fillers and/or botox. 

Ritu Saini, MD

Ulthera results can take time

+1

You often will see some immediate improvement, but the tissue remodeling goes on for months. I have had patients that come in 4-5 months later not thinking they had much improvement until we show them the before pictures. I would suggest considering Sculptra to further reform the cheek and provide lift. It is a wonderful combination! Also, keep and eye on you skin texture, I think you will notice considerable improvement! I hope this helps!

Curt Samlaska, MD

Ultherapy results can take more than six months and depends on the number of lines and depth of different transducers

+1

You can't unfortunately evaluate the ultherapy treatment as a generalization if it will address the corners of the mouth, as an example.  Differenet providers treat patients differently with Ultherapy. the protocol may be different. The number of lines of energy laid down may be different. The number of different transducers and different depths of treatment may be different and the locations treated can vary greatly, especially with newer transducers and newer protocols of treatment. As treatment results may take six months to be realized, you may wish to wait and then seek consultation with your doctor to see what else can be done to make your results better.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ultherapy Results May Vary

+1

Hi Tania, The results of Ultherapy can vary depending on the individual patient's skin elasticity, the number of lines of energy used, and the skill and experience of the technician or physician delivering the treatment.  That said, 3 weeks is too early to determine your final result, which won't be fully realized until about 3-4 months after Ultherapy when your own collagen begins to develop. You may see some improvement in the lines in the corner of your mouth, but you may also need a facial filler to provide the result you're seeking.  Good luck to you.   

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon