Does Ultherapy Work for Upper Cheeks?

The little map I've seen for ulthera shows treatment lines from the jaw to the mid cheek and then a narrow treatment area right under the eyes and up the side of the eyes. But the map doesn't go over the exact area I'd like to improve - the area on and around my cheek bones - my upper cheeks.

Ultherapy does not treat the jaw bone

+1

We avoid the jaw bone area with Ultherapy as it would not help with tightening and would be quite painful possibly. There might be some treatment in the area for fine textural improvement with the newer 1.5mm deep transducer as it does not go to the depth of the 3mm and 4.5mm transducers but this would be off-label. Discuss the risks with your doctor.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/ultherapy/index.html

Ulthera for the upper cheeks

+1

Ulthera addresse laxity and sagging skin of the neck, lower and mid face as well as the around the eyes and brow.  While we do not direct treat along the cheekbones, the tightening effect of treating the mid and lower face does help in improving the upper cheeks.  We can also treat the crows feet and right under the eyes along the orbital bone.  This also addresses loose skin in the upper cheeks

Ultherapy for Upper Cheeks

+1

Ultherapy addresses mild to moderate loose or sagging skin. Specifically, by reconditioning and renewing the skin from within, Ultherapy will lift the brow, which in turn reduces excess skin on the lids, opens up the eyes, and gives a more refreshed look overall. To answer your question, you can receive the treatment on your upper cheeks. Depending upon whether you want other areas treated as well, a full face treatment takes 45-60 minutes, and a partial face or brow lift treatment can take around 30 minutes–neither with any downtime.

Ultherapy can facilitate upper cheeks lift

+1

Ultherapy works by delivering ultrasonic energy 4.5mm and 3.5mm beneath the skin, targeting the facial/neck muscles and thereby facilitating gradual reversal of muscle laxity. I personally have witnessed several of my patients able to achieve upper cheek lift IMMEDIATELY after the treatment as demonstrated on a photo on my website (see link below). Even though not all patients can achieve relatively quick gratification, vast majority of our patients can see some difference by 3 months after Ultherapy and incremental progress can be further realized up to 12 months after the treatment.

Web reference: http://www.FaceUpLifting.com

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy can give a lift to the cheek

+1

In our practice, we regularly see Ultherapy give a lift to the cheek. We place the treatment lines in a way which will achieve a lift without going right over the apple of the cheek. This allows us to preserve the volume in that area. As long as you have an experienced professional working with you, they will be able to customize a treatment to meet your needs.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy is great for lifting the cheek area

+1

Yes, Ulthera is perfect for lifting the cheek area.  Ulthera works by laying down very precise lesions in the skin at 4.5, 3, and 1mm, which over time, leads to collagen stimulation and tightening. Results take about 3 months to fully appreaciate, and some people will want a second treatment.  You can see lifting of the brows, improvement in wrinkles around the eyes, lifting of the cheeks, firmer jawline, and tightening of the upper neck.

Yes it works on the upper cheek

+1

You can use Ultherapy up to the orbital rim.  If you palpate just under your eye you will feel a hard rim of bone.  This is the orbital rim, and by treating up to this area you will note significant improvement in the cheek region--reforming the "apple" cheek quality of youth.  I have a picture on my profile showing an elderly woman treated with Ulthera showing just those results.  Take a look.  I hope this helps!