Ultherapy Uneven Results After 1 Month- Do I Need Another Treatment?

I have done the full face ultherapy about one month ago. Right after the treatment my left side of the face was much tighter and more lifted than the right side. A month later and I look the same, asimetrical. Should I repeat the treatment just on the right side? Thanks, AT

Ultherapy Results

+1

Thank you for your question. Since you are only 1 month post treatment, your final results are not yet evident. Generally, patients may enjoy some initial effect but the ultimate lifting and toning will take place over 2-3 months, as tired collagen is replaced with new, more elastic collagen. As this collagen-building process continues, further improvements can appear up to 6 months following a procedure. I would give it more time for the final results to unfold, as unevenness will most likely smooth out in the coming months. 

Unlikely that Ulthera created facial asymmetry

+1

Its important to review your before pictures as they will likely reveal pre-existing facial asymmetry. It is highly unlikely that noticeable facial asymmetry can be caused with this treatment especially lasting 2 months. I recommend returning to your doctor to review your treatment. I do not believe asymmetric treatment will necessarily correct existing asymmetry to any significant degree.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait at least 6 months to see full results from Ultherapy

+1

We all are asymmetric to a certain degree, and when we do procedures to cosmetically enhance our appearance, we sometimes tend to notice these asymmetries even more.  Being able to compare your before and after photos would be a good place to start.  That being said, it can take up to 6 months to appreciate the full effects of an Ulthera treatment.  So if there is a true asymmetry from the treatment, you may want to give it more time to see the full results.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy can be repeated

+1

Although the ultherapy might have created an asymmetry, you should look at the before picutres to demonstrate the amout of asymmetry, if any, that positioned itself. If more Ultherapy were to be done on the non lfited side, you should choose to do this at six months not earlier to see the substantial effects of the first ultherapy before evaluating an additional treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD