Have ultherapy treatment 1 month ago. My smile on one side is droopy ,and when I talk it looks like my mouth is crooked?

How long do you think this will last?

Weakness of Smile 1 Month After Ultherapy

+2

Hi Babst,

It is unusual for there to be nerve weakness after Ultherapy. When it does occur, it resolves within 3 weeks. You should speak with the physician who did your treatment. I personally perform all of the Ulthera treatments in our practice to insure that a nerve does not get repeatedly hit by the ultrasound micro-focused energy. I have not heard of any permanent nerve damage from Ulthera in nearly 300,000 treatments. Your mouth and smile should return to normal shortly. In surgical cases of temporary nerve damage it can take up to 6 months for the nerve to return to normal. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

+1
It is very unusual to see the results you are experience with Ultherapy. They typically resolve themselves but it is best to see the doctor that performed the treatment to ensure everything is on track. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Asymmetry after Ultherapy

+1
The symptoms you describe after Ultherapy are very rare and usually temporary. Follow up with your doctor so he can best advise you.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Motor nerve injury after Ultherapy is not likely

+1

It is not likely to have motor injury/inflammation that would cause an asymmetric smile after Ultherapy. If such an event occured temporally (after) the procedure, then it probably is a result of it. On the other hand, you may have developed a stroke that cused it too. Either way, you should see the treating physician and also a neurologist for full cranial nerve examination and neurological evaluation/examination and documentation of this. 

I have never had a patient develop this after Ultherapy. The energy source does not penetrate that deep to cause this effect. Read the ebook about Ultherapy provided on the link below. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon