Is a Second Ultherapy Treatment of Any Benefit?

I'm 35 and had ultherapy done 3 months ago. My results are good. My skin has slightly lifted! I'm thinking I'd like to have yet another Ultherapy treatment 3 months from now (6 months from my original treatment), to bank-up more collagen in my skin. Would having another Ultherapy treatment 6 months after my first treament be of any benefit to me or I'm I just wasting my money.

Second Ultherapy Treatment

+1

The majority of patients only need one treatment; however, some may benefit from more than one treatment. This is dependent on how much laxity the patient has and his or her body’s own biological response to the ultrasound and collagen-building process.

Repeat Ultherapy can be done six to twelve months later

+1

Yes you can have a repeat treatment in six months but I try to encourage my patients to wait for twelve months as there may still be some small improvement after six while collagen is still produced. 

Ronald Shelton, MD

No definitive studies on effectiveness of 2 Ulthera treatments within 6 months

+1

There haven't been any studies done on the effectiveness of a second Ultherapy treatment within 6 months of the first treatment. However, you are allowed to get another treatment within 6 months. Just keep in mind that it might not have a large impact in collagen production in the long run.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Uthera, ultherapy, loose skin, lax skin, skin laxity

+1

Yes, loose skin responds. A second treatment can often augment results. So cam addition of Botox, restylane and fillers.

Barry Lycka, MD
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

2nd Ultherapy treatment twice as nice?

+1

I have found that a 2nd Ultherapy treatment can be of benefit if : 1) you have a noticeable result from the initial treatment (I usually wait until 6 months for my final evaluation), and 2) you have a little more laxity, or loose skin, or brow heaviness that you wish to further improve upon. I personally feel that if you have reached your goal with the first treatment, then I would hold off on an additional treatment until further down the road, when you can have a touch-up in a few years.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Y

Haresh Yalamanchili, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon