Ultherapy with Rhino, Bleph, and Cheek Implants?

I'd like to have rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, and cheek implants (that is, if my surgeon concurs). I'd also like to have Ultherapy instead of a face lift. Can Ultherapy be done at the same time as the surgeries, and how do you determine if it would a be better procedure than a face lift?

Is Ultherapy Better Than a Facelift? It Depends On the Results You Are Looking For

+2

As we age, the muscle and tissue overlying the muscle in the cheeks start to drift down and forward. This causes a flattening of the cheeks, deeper nasolabial folds, jowls, softening of the jaw line, and ( since these muscles connect with the muscles in the neck), sagging in the neck. A facelift, by repositioning these sagging tissues underneath the skin, improves the overall contour of the face and neck, smooths the neck, sharpens the jaw line, removes the jowls, softens the nasolabial folds, and adds youthful fullness back to the cheeks. Ultherapy, on the other hand, does not change the position of these sagging tissues, but by heating these poorly positioned tissues, causes them to tighten and contract, improving the appearance of the sagging that has occurred underneath the skin. If you have a very small amount of sagging, the improvement from Ultherapy may be enough to make you happy (although as the process continues you will ultimately need a facelift to take care of the sagging under the skin). If you have more than just a little sagging of these tissues, a facelift (because it is actually addressing the underlying issues) will make a much bigger improvement in your overall appearance than the Ultherapy treatment. You certainly could do a facelift with the rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty, and since you regain youthful fullness with the facelift, may not even need the cheek implants. An evaluation with a surgeon who provides all of these options would be a good place to start.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combining Surgery with Ultherapy

+1

While there is no absolute contraindication to combining the two, there is a practical reason to avoid this idea.  When you operate on one area, it has effects on surrounding related areas.  The ultimate goal is to give you the best cosmetic result, balancing things like cost, recovery and patient desire.  Waiting for the results of the three procedures before considering Ulthera has the highest likelihood of giving you the best outcome. With this in mind, I would recommend against combining Ultherapy and these other procedures.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lots of Surgery

+1

The more procedure you attempt at any one surgery time, the greater the chance of some sort of a complication.  Consider biting off your goals at two different times, for your own safety.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon