Ultherapy Directly over Permanent Midface Implants?

I recently had PEEK implants. My skin is just so lax because of previous too large implants I had in for over a year and now I'm looking into what would help it. I'm male but my cheeks look very feminine as the previous implants went too low. Is Ultherapy off limits due to the implants I have? I'm looking to tighten my facial skin overall, including my midface where the implants are. Is treating directly over my MF with implants allowed? Some say no, some say yes as its just ultrasound. ???

Ultherapy for facial tightening despite prior cheek implants

+1

As long as the doctor can visualize the implant on the monitor, then Ultherapy can be done to help induce more collagen in the dermis as a response to the Ultherapy, while not subjecting the implant to risk of injury.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/ultherapy/index.html

Cheek Implants and Ultherapy

+1

In my practice,  I have personally treated patients with Ultherapy who have cheek implants without problem.  Having cheek implants should not be a deterrent to Ultherapy since the level of treatment with Ultherapy does not penetrate beneath the facial muscles where the implants are located deeply over the bone.  The advantage of Ultherapy over other nonsurgical tightening procedures is that it provides focused delivery of the energy to a desired depth into the dermal and subcutaneous layers while allowing for visualization of the tissues during treatment.  Hope this helps.

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon