Ultherapy almost 4 months out now!!

I wrote a question when I was at 6 weeks about my brows not lifting yet. It is almost 4 months now and I still don't see any lifting. My doctor has me coming back in May for the 6 month follow up and they haven't seen me since I had it done. I am hoping that if there isn't any change, that they would do another treatment, free of charge, for that area. I paid $4000 and I don't want to pay anymore. I only see changes around the jaw and neck. Am I being unreasonable?

Ultherapy results take months and can vary from patient to patient

+2
We have done hundreds of Ultherapy treatments and the overwhelming majority of patients are pleasde with their result by 3 months.  It will be good for you to look at your before pictures to see what you think, it is easy to forget what you started with and you could be pleasantly surprised.  In the event that there is no improvement above the brow then a second treatment does make sense. When we have done that the results do improve.  Whether your doctor charges for  touch up treatments will vary of course.  I suggest an honest discussion about your expectations and results.  Most doctors want you to be happy and stand behind their procedures.

Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy works well about 80% of the time.

+2
With any laser or ultrasound treatment, people will respond differently.  Some patients get a great lift and tightening, and some do not.  If a patient has some jowling and neck laxity with fairly thin skin, they will usually get a good response.  Patients with a lot of skin or very heavy necks will not.  In the brow area the treatment is not as heavy as in the neck.  So if you have not tightened at all here they should be able to do another treatment.     

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Four Months After Ultherapy

+1
In most cases, patients can expect to see the full benefits of an Ultherapy treatment in about two to three months and they can expect for the results to last about a year. Although Ultherapy can vary from patient to patient, if you haven't seen any results within four months, I would schedule a follow-up appointment with your doctor to express your concerns.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

Ultherapy Results

+1
Ultherapy results may take up to six months. Follow up with your physician to express your concerns and see if there are options  to improve or enhance your results.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy four months out

+1
Thank you for your question.  I would suggest looking at your before and after photos before you make a final decision that it did not lift your brow.  The reason I say this is you could have received a few millimeter lift to the brow and not even realize it until you see it in pictures.  Otherwise I agree with the others that you should communicate your dissatisfaction with the provider and see what they can do for a second treatment to the brow area.

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Ultherapy can help lift brows and facial saggin

+1
There are times that Ultherapy will be more effective in some areas of the face or neck than others. Ultherapy has a high patient satisfaction rating in my NYC practice but that does not  mean that every patient receives the amount of lifting they were hoping to achieve. There can be no guarantees when a physician treats a patient with a non-invasive or minimally invasive energy-delivering system to effect a lift because the patient's body must respond with an optimal dermal improvement and this is idiosyncratic to the individual. There may be some element of improvement that patients don't realize until they look at their before photographs and see the difference that was achieved because when we live with ourselves every day since the procedure, we don't see the change as dramatically. On the other hand, whether it's with Ultherapy, Pelleve, Thermage and ThermiRF, there may be more improvement obtained when a second procedure is done. 
The physician has to be concerned about which areas of the forehead are treated and is limited by needing to avoid certain anatomical structures during treatment with Ultherapy. Different physicians may perform the treatment differently and some may deliver more energy/more lines of treatment, and use different applicators to treat different depths of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
If a second procedure is done, many physicians will charge a second fee, although it might not be as high as the first, to offset the very high consumable cost to the physician..This varies from practice to practice and possibly from case to case. 
The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ultherapy results depend on individual response

+1
Like all  noninvasive treatments, Ulthera uses energy to stimulate a healing response which in turn produces the desired effect. Because of this, there is inherent variation in the response, and as you have noted it can vary from one area of the face to another in addition to different responses by different patients. Older patients tend to respond less well to these treatments because the collagen-building capability is less. We sometimes give a "booster" treatment at about 6 weeks.

Richard Baxter, MD