Can Ultherapy Leave Tracks on Your Face?

By "tracks" I mean ridges/rows at points of treatment.

Ultherapy and skin reactions

+2

I have heard of this type of skin reaction following Ultherapy.  It is uncommon and may occur if poor contact is made between the transducer and the skin.  This could occur if the patient or the provider inadvertently moves while the pulses of ultrasound are being delivered.  Whatever the cause, the "tracks" should resolve spontaneously, usually within two weeks time.

Knoxville Dermatologist

Tracks after Ultherapy

+1

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to experience slight swelling for a few days, or tingling/tenderness to the touch for a few weeks following the procedure, but these are mild and temporary in nature. However, tracks on your face are not generally reported. Depending on how long ago you had the treatment, I would give your body more time to heal. It is likely that the dents will even out a few weeks after treatment.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Ultherapy and skin effects

+1

I have not seen any sign changes, streaks, or coloration issues after Ultherapy, nor have I heard of such from my colleagues. Physicians are trained by the Ulthera company how to apply the transducer but there is a theoretical risk heat being applied to the epidermis if the contact is not correct, then there could be the risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, but again, I have not heard of such cases.

Ronald Shelton, MD