Would Ultherapy Help Tear Troughs and Sagging Jawlines?

I'm 43 years old, and I've receiving non-ablative laser and radio frequency facial treatments monthly for the past 6 years. I have also tried fraxel lasers and RF, such as Affirm and Pixel RF. Am wondering if Ultherapy would help my tear troughs and very slightly sagging jawlines? How many treatments would I need to see results? Thanks a ton!

Ultherapy may help jawlines but probably not tear troughs

+1

I don't see how the ultherapy can help tear troughs. It is a great treatment, though, for some patients who do not yet need a facelift but want a tighter jaw line.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/ultherapy/index.html

Ultherapy Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. Ultherapy is commonly used on areas of the face and neck to address sagging of the eyelids, brow, cheeks, chin and jawline. Generally, results are seen with one treatment. I would schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Best of luck.

Tear Troughs and Sagging Jawlines

+1

Ulthera's ablative depth is very key to its success in treating the jawline. For younger patients, the results can be significant, providing a foundation for addressing sagging in the jowl region. When repeated every year or two, Ultherapy remains a significant advancement in tissue ablation to help improve the lower face and upper neck.

traditionally, this technology has had limitations in the upper cheek, tear trough, and periorbital region. With the advent of the new 1.5 tip, we have seen significant improvement in this technology tightening skin in this area, and contributing to some orbital septal contraction, which can impact the tear trough. To this end one can combine the 1.5 tip with an HA filler to achieve great periorbital results, especially in younger demographics. 

Albuquerque Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tear troughs, Jawlines, and Ulthera.

+1

Ulthera will not help tear troughs. The best treatment for those is the use of an appropriate filler. Ulthera is an effective treatment for sagging jawline. 

Ultherapy works for the jawline but needs combined therapies for the tear trough region

+1

Ultherapy works quite well in your case where there is mild sagging of the jawline - and in the lower cheek- jawline regions produce the most consistent results. The tear trough region and the oblique soft low valley that continues down the cheek from this region in some people can be helped by ultherapy. The anatomic "low areas" though do require some kind of filling to properly correct the deformity either with hyaluronic acid fillers (my preference in the clinic) or fat grafting if we are in the OR. Frequently a pooching lower lid fat bag also needs removal to take down the high region and the low tear trough area volumized by autolgous fat transfer/grafting. You just do not want to overfill the tear trough region- or it will look unnatural and the product will have to be dissolved down and reinjected.