Ultherapy, chin lipo, or neck lift for 38 year old aging neck? (photo)

I'm unhappy with how my rapidly my neck is aging. It seems like my neck looks much worse than other peoples for my age. What are the best options for getting back my jawline and tightening the neck area? Any advice would be welcomed.

Ultherapy or Neck Lift

+2
Ultherapy is the only FDA approved treatment for noninvasive lifting in the face and neck, however it cannot achieve the dramatic results of a neck lift- if that is what you require.  It is difficult to advise you from these pictures. Consult with an experienced facial plastic surgeon (as opposed to a dermatologist) who can offer you both options. Ultimately, your choice will also depend on your willingness or not to undergo an invasive procedure.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy for Aging Neck

+1
If you would like to tighten the skin around your jaw and neck, then Ultherapy is an FDA-approved, noninvasive treatment designed to accomplish just that. Typically, results from a Ultherapy treatment last between 1 and 1.5 years, and possibly longer if patients decide to undergo repeat Ultherapy treatments.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

Ultherapy or Lift ?

+1
You are turning your head to accentuate the folds of your neck skin and flexing your neck to do the same ... Ultherapy treats skin laxity and may help you in that regard. Once you choose to get Ultherapy, wait 6 months and thereafter get evaluated for possible mini lift or liposuction if you don't get the desired look you seek. Read the Ultherapy book on the link below for more information about this procedure. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Solutions for 38-year-old aging neck

+1
You are a great candidate for a new, and I believe better, way of helping you your problem area, the underchin and neck, I don’t believe that you can get the results you want just with Ultherapy, because it’s not just the looseness, but the fat as well. So you need to solve both. Your best answer would be to use the safest and most gentle way to remove the fat and tighten the skin. You could do this with laser lipo, but I think a better way, and newest way, would be ThermiTight™ which can combine both tightening and fat removal. Look for my article to be published in the February issue of the Journal of Drugs and Dermatology (JDD) and ask which doctors your area are now using ThermiTight™.

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy

+1
Although the photos are somewhat non-standard and provide limited information, Ultherapy is a very good treatment for a 38 year old.  It will help submental fullness and early jowling.  It will not help platysmal bands.  A consultation will be necessary in order to make further recommendations.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Treatment for Improving Neck in 30 and 40 Year Old Women and Men…Ultherapy

+1
Hi M,

Great question that is shared by many.  Nora Ephron's "I Hate My Neck" wasn't a best seller for nothing.  Ultherapy is the best (and only FDA approved) non-invasive treatment for lifting the skin and muscles of the neck, face, and eye brows.  In your case I would likely recommend an extended Ultherapy treatment of your neck combined with treatment of your mid-face/cheeks.  Many patients benefit from a  simultaneous injection of Botox in their neck platysma muscles.  You may always have surgical treatment in the future, but many patients who take care of their necks early enough with non-invasive treatments may not need surgery.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

At your age Ultherapy is a good option for neck tightening.

+1
These pictures are not great, in that you seem to be holding your chin down which will make the neck look worse. It is also hard to tell if you need a chin implant without a good side view.  Make an appt. with someone who can advise you as to whether Ultherapy will help you.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ultherapy is often a good option for early aging changes in neck

+1
For early aging changes resulting in skin laxity in the face and neck, Ultherapy is often a very good option. At age 38 you are in that category, but from the pictures it appears that you are holding your chin down a bit. Most of my Ultherapy patients are in their 40's to 50's.

Richard Baxter, MD

Treatment for neck

+1
 It is hard to evaluate your neck from just photographs, but you may be a good candidate for Ulthera. Submental Liposuction may be another option, but, again, an in-person evaluation is the definitive procedure for determining your best options. Don’t forget daily use of sunscreen to your face, neck, and hands to prevent premature aging.

Sue Ellen Cox, MD
Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon