Can Ultherapy Be Done After 1 Session of Sculpter Asthetics?

I had one session of Sculpter Asthetics.....I didn't care for it....I already have a full face and it seemed to make it a little more full. They did not do it around my eyes....Can Ultherapy be done after 1 session of Sculpter Asthetics.

Ultherapy after Sculptra

+1

Thank you for your question. The Sculptra treatment should not be an issue if you are interested in Ultherapy. I have had great results with Ultherapy in terms of tightening and lifting of the skin. Consult with an experienced Ultherapy practitioner to see if the treatment will be a good fit. Best of luck.

Ultherapy can be done after Sculptra Aesthetic

+1

Ultherapy can be done after Sculptra Aesthetic.  In some cases, you can do Ultherapy and then follow it with Sculptra on the same treatment day. Both treatments work by stimulating collagen. Sculptra creates volume and lift as well as stimulating collagen. Ultherapy is better for patients who already have volume and just need lift.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Yes, Sculptra and Ultherapy can be combined

+1

Yes, Ultherapy can be done after one session of Sculptra. These treatments address two different signs of aging. When we age, we develop different symptoms due to collagen depletion. Two of which are loss of volume in the apples of the cheeks and laxity of the skin. The Sculptra will help to address the volume loss and the Ulthera will address the skin laxity and give a lifted effect. We have seen great results with these treatments combined.

Theresa M. Jarmuz, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy after Sculptra - Advised?

+1

Ultherapy will be okay after Sculptra. Remember that Ultherapy is for lifting/tightening and you will see the most obvious effects around the jawline, upper neck and brow (brow if you treat the upper face). It is wise to discuss with your doctor that you had Sculptra - in what areas and when - so that he or she can determine the best timing.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Sculptherapy for the right candidate will make a bid difference

+1

Without an exam or at least pictures, it is difficult to determine if you are a good candidate for sculptra or ulthera facial rejuvenation procedures. In my practice, we frequently combine Sculptra and Ultherapy (Sculptherapy) in the right patient to affect the optimal non-surgical tissue tightening and facial volume enhancement. My recommendation is to perform at least 3 Sculptra treatments approximately 4-6 weeks apart and the Ultherapy treatment should be done after the second or third sculptra treatment with goal of achieving optimal collagen stimulation. Currently there are clinical trials underway looking at similar combination regimen to evaluate complementary or synergistic effects of the combination treatment. It will likely take another year before definitive recommendations are made. The most important factor is to first determine if you are an appropriate candidate for these treatments based on age, tissue laxity and excess, skin turgor, facial deep fat (structural fat) volume, etc.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy and Sculptra

+1

An unanswered question exists currently as to the effect of Ultherapy on Sculptra.  Could Sculptra cause quicker metabolism of Sculptra? If that were the only concern, and if you wouldn't mind having less of a volume effect from the Sculptra, then the ultherapy might seem to be a good idea. However, a question exists if Ultherapy could cause an affect on the immune reaction of the skin to the Sculptra. It would make most sense to wait six months or more after Sculptra before treating with ultherapy.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ultherapy is safe after 1 session of Sculptra

+1

If you were planning on having more Sculptra sessions I would tell you to hold off on having Ultherapy. However, since you did not like the results from the Sculptra and do not plan on having any additional treatments there are no contraindications to having the Ultherapy done at this point. I have been using Ulthera in my office since November 2011 and have been impressed with the results.

Rosalyn George, MD
Wilmington Dermatologic Surgeon