Ultherapy After Sculptra

I read that it probably isn't good to do ultherapy after Sculptra or over Sculptra. My plastic surgeon thinks otherwise. What is the consensus?

Ultherapy treatments soon after Sculptra may be painful

+4

Ultherapy and Sculptra can certainly complement each other on the right candidate.  The most important thing to consider with this combination treatment is that patients have experienced higher levels of discomfort during Ultherapy treatments over areas of newly injected Sculptra.  To avoid discomfort, patients should wait to get Ultherapy treatments a minimum of three months (the longer the better) after receiving Sculptra. I would recommend treating with Ultherapy first and Sculptra soon after, so that the treatment period can be shortened. 

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy and Sculptra Aesthetic

+2

It is always better to do ultherapy first, then fillers.  If you have fillers before ultherapy, it might diminish the effects of the filler.  If a patient has already had a filler like sculptra aesthetic and wants to move forward with ultherapy, I will proceed with treatment but let the patient know that it may reduce the results of the filler.  Hope this helps.

Paul L. Leong, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera treatment and Fillers

+2

Ulthera in appropriate candidates has achieved nice, non-surgical results with very good patient satisfaction.  The question of using Ulthera with fillers is one of location; as with certain deep fillers (Sculptra), the Ulthera is not causing any effects where the deep filler has likely been placed.   Following superficial facial fillers (Restylane), it is my preference and practice to perform the Ulthera first and then the fillers at a later date.  There is no data to support my preference, but it seems intuitive to not produce thermal injury zones over areas that I have just filled with product.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra before Ultherapy works

+2

Our patients are very satisfied with their lifting and tightening results with Ultherapy. And yes, we do injectibles, including Sculptra before Ultherapy with great results, not after.

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Expectations from Ulthera

+2

Regardless of the unanswerable issue of Sculptra you pose (no scientific studies have been done to answer that I am aware of), you need to really solidify your expectations before doing Ulthera or Thermage etc.  These treatments really do very little for most patients so if you are expecting any big or significant changes, you may well be disappointed.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Ulthera and Liposuction

+1

There are no studies of which I am aware investigating the effectiveness of Sculptra if Ultherapy is done after the Sculptra.  It is prudent to do the Ulthera first and then the Sculptra but apparently there are physicians performing Ulthera after Sculptra without detriment.

Ronald Shelton, MD