Can Ultheraphy Affect the Medication of a Polycythemia Patient?

my mom has a polycythemia vera, a blood related disease. and i want my mom to undergo ultherapy because i want her to be beautiful but she's under medication. can you please answer my query if ultherapy is safe or is it ok even if she's under medication?

Ultherapy should not affect medication

+1

The Ultherapy should not affect aspirin or hydroxyurea treatment of the polycythemia rubra vera however, there are some patients who do bruise after Ultherapy and this could be magnified in any patient who is taking aspirin.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs

Ulthera and medication

+1

One of the reasons why Ulthera is so popular is because of it's gentle nature. Ulthera is minimally invasive, allowing you to undergo the procedure while on most medications. Just to be EXTRA careful, I would check their website to make sure there is not a direct conflict with your mom's medication--although I don't suspect there should be a problem, and make sure you tell your physician about her condition and meds.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

Ultherapy for patients with medical conditions

+1

One of the greatest appeals for most of our patients interested in Ultherapy is the non-invasive nature of the procedure. We have not had any difficulty in performing Ultherapy for face and neck lifting and skin tightening for patients with a variety of different medical conditions including diabetes, for whom even minimally invasive procedure may otherwise require pre-op clearance by their primary care physicians. There is no long-term complication whatsoever and the worse case short-term side effects (occurring less than 5% of the time) involve mild bruising, subtle swelling and transient skin numbness that resolves in matter of days.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy to make someone beautiful

+1

Ultherapy or Ulthera works by using focused ultrasound to target the different layers of tissue in the face and neck.  The idea is that focusing the ultrasound energy on these areas can lead to the stimulation of collagen formation and tightening of the tissues.

Unless the effects of a particular medication are on the tissues that the Ulthera is directed at, there should be no problem.  In fact, many of the patients I perform Ultherapy for are people who want to look better, but for one reason or another are too high risk for surgery.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon