I Had Ulthera a Week Ago. How Long Should I Wait Before I Get Sculptra?

I had ulthera last week and was wondering how long I should wait to get sculptra injection? Is it better to wait 1-2 months or can I have it done soon.

Interaction Between Ulthera and Sculptra

+2

When Sculptra is injected properly in the deeper tissue planes below the skin, it would be unlikely that the ultrasound treatments with Ulthera would influence it's effect. Sculptra causes new collagen to form which is not apparent for several months and then slowly degrades over time. Sculptra is not a filler but a stimulator of your own collagen which then acts to create volume in a gradual, progressive, and predictable manner. Remember that little to no result is usually seen after the first treatment and the final result takes many months to appear.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/sculptra/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra after Ulthera

+1

It doesn't seem that there needs to be any delay after Ulthera before Sculptra can be done. ON the other hand, there may be good reason to delay Ulthera if it is to be done after Sculptra as the effect of the ultrasound energy on the Sculptra, if it reaches its depth, is unknown. However, once the Ulthera is done, the body responds by tightening the preexisting collagen and this should not damage the Sculptra that would be placed thereafter. I am not aware of any scientifically -controlled study that has examined this question.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/sculptra/index.html

Sculptra Injections after Ulthera Treatment

+1

Waiting one month generally should be a sufficient waiting period.

Sculptra Aesthetic are quick office injections performed in the office via local anesthesia. Sculptra stimulates the face to build collagen. Results are NOT immediate, rather gradually develop over time. Treatments are repeated approximately every 2 months, as needed, until a desired result is achieved. Once achieved, touch-up treatments may be need only every 1-2 years. Sculptra can only be placed in certain areas of the face, such as the cheeks. As with all the plastic surgery procedures, everything has its advantages and disadvantages.

Speak with your Sculptra injector. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can he/she help determine appropriate options for you.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/med-spa/non-surgical-facelift.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.