How Many Ulthera Treatments Give Best Results and What is a Frequency of Treatments?

To achive best results with ultherapy, how many treatments should i have? And how soon after the first one?

Frequency of Ultherapy Treatments

+1

The number of Ultherapy treatments required for the best results varies with each patient. Age plays a major factor because the younger you are the more collagen your body can produce. For older individulals, a second treatment may be beneficial. The earliest I recommend doing so is 6 months. For most of our patients, they will reconsider repeating the treatment after 2 years.

How many Ulthera treatments are needed?

+1

Your Ultherapy treatment should be tailored to you.  At your consult with your physician, they can analyze your skin and give you a good idea of what to expect.  Many patients see results with one treatment.  I advsie patients to wait at least 6 months before considering an additional treatment to evaluate the full effect of the first treatment.

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy Treatments

+1

The majority of patients only need one 30-60 minute treatment. However, some may benefit from more than one treatment depending on how much laxity they have and their body’s own biological response to the ultrasound and collagen-building process.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Depends

+1

General consensus is that single treatment is sufficient to achieve result with Ultherapy.  With this relatively new device, however, more and more newer protocols are being used.  I attended a dermatology meeting in Asia recently, where Ultherapy has been in clinical use longer than the U.S., and many physician advocated repeat successive treatment of Ultherapy.  In my practice, I tailor the treatment to each individual patient.  It is important, however, that a practitioner keeps the patient safety in mind.

Chang Son, MD
Fort Lee Dermatologist

Ultherapy can be done as one or repeated treatments

+1

I encourage my patients to wait for at least six months to one year before repeating Ulthera. There can be continuing collagen production and tightening over this period and one should allow the treatment to provide maximal improvement before undergoing more Utlherapy.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Single treatment with Ulthera is usually enough

+1

Because Ulthera uses highly focused ultrasound to stimulate collagen under the skin to remodel, it takes a few months to see the full effect. Only one session is necessary. You may wish to repeat it at yearly intervals (think of it as setting back the aging clock) but more frequent than that isn't going to add additional benefit.

Richard Baxter, MD

How Many Ulthera Treatments are Required?

+1

The benefit of Ultherapy is that most patients with early skin laxity only require one treatment to achieve noticeable results.  If a patient has moderate to severe laxity they may require a second treatment.  The results from the first treatment may not be fully noticeable until six months after the first treatment, so a patient usually does not consider a second treatment until they reach their six month milestone.  However, a repeat treatment can safely be performed even a month after the first treatment. 

To adjust for patients who have either  mild or moderate laxity, we adjust our initial treatment by treating the more skin lax patient with more passes at the initial visit.  This additional treatment at the first Ultherapy session will increase the skin tightening from the initial treatment and minimize the need for a second treatment.

Christina Steil, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

How many Ulthera treatments are needed and How often?

+1

Hey Ankatac!

It depends on the condition of the persons skin, age, medical condition and response of their own body's fibroblasts (cells that produce collagen) to the stimulus. People aged 35-60 have the best response after that the efficiency of the treatment goes down. Most people have one treatment if their condition is mild to moderate and may have another treatment in a year to two. If some one is in the moderate to sever condition of sagging lose skin another treatment can be performed 4 months after the first treatment!

The results after the first treatments will dictate the need for further treatments!

Good Luck!!!!! 

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon