Ulthera on Inner Thighs?

Can you do ulthera on inner thighs?

Ultherapy for body sites may help but is off-label currently

+1

The transducers may need to be changed to make it more effective to treat large areas.  There are investigations that are currently being done involving studying the effect of treating the skin near the elbows and other sites off the face and neck.  Physicians are excited to hear of these studies' results.

Use of Ulthera on the Body

+1

Although there is no reason to suspect that the changes that occur to help improve facial appearance would not work in other places on the body, currently there is very little information regarding this.  I have seen other physician's results for lower thigh around the knee and they were impressive.  If you are interested, I would likely wait until there is more experience.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera on inner thighs is off-label

+1

The Ulthera technology, which uses micro-focused ultrasound to stimulate collagen regeneration for skin lifting, is FDA-cleared for facial use which means it is off-label for use in other areas. So while it can be used (and is used) for different areas of the body, it can't be promoted for that. You would need to talk with a doctor who uses Ultherapy and see if he or she feels that it might work for you on the thighs.

Richard Baxter, MD