Can You Use Ulthera on Stomach Area?

Can You Use Ulthera on Stomach Area?

FDA clearance for Ultherapy is facial tissue lifting

+1

Although the Ultherapy is not FDA-cleared for body treatment, physicians are allowed to utilize devices, off-label, but the physician should discuss the risks with the patient. There are different studies that have been done on other parts of the body, and in the future, there might be increased sites for which the company might seek FDA clearance.

Not yet but soon possibly!

+1

the use of ulthera is currently under investigation.  We have just finished a study on the elbows which the FDA will evaluate.  Other centers are evaluating other body parts.  Stay tuned!  For now limit it to face neck and eyebrow lifts.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Ulthera Cannot Be Used On Stomach Area

+1

Ultherapy is FDA-approved. It is commonly used on areas of the face and neck to address sagging of the eyelids, brow, cheeks, chin and jawline. It can also improve marionette lines and folds and a downturned mouth. However, it is not approved for use on the stomach area. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Non-facial applications of Ulthera are in development

+1

The FDA clearance for Ultherapy is for noninvasive facial skin lifting, but there is no theoretical reason why it would not work on other body areas. We have used it for arms, thighs, and abdomen but there is little experience overall to say how well it works and who is the best candidate for the treatment. Stay tuned for more info as results of studies become available.

Richard Baxter, MD

Ulthera for the Abdomen

+1

There are some ongoing studies for the use of Ulthera off of the face including the abdomen.  The photos that I have seen document some nice results however I am always a little skeptical unless I see a full series.  For now, I would say it is promising but far from a proven treatment to tighten the skin of the abdomen.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon