After Ulthera Saggy Chin and Welt Inside Mouth?

I had Ulthera yesterday - a very good experience as far as the clinic, but my under-chin area is significantly worse. I sent pix to the nurse who thinks it's swelling but it doesn't feel like swelling, just feels loose. Were speaking on Weds but I'd love reassurance this is normal (I'll try to post pix.) Also, during the procedure I felt one line go right through my cheek and indeed I have a (painless) welt in my mouth. Is this common? I know it will heal but just curious if this happens often?

Swelling and ultherapy

+1

Ultherapy causes heat in the deep dermis and this causes the body to produce collagen and also tightens the connective tissue support of the face helping lift the tissues against the direction in which they have sagged with time.

Heat induces swelling and this can shift into different planes in the first few days. Depending in which are the bulk of the inflammatory fluids migrated, it is conceivable that a localized swelling of the mucosa in the cheek was created. This should be temporary and make sure to followup with your doctor.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. 

Ultherapy Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to experience slight swelling for a few days, or tingling/tenderness to the touch for a few weeks following the procedure, but these are mild and temporary in nature. Since you just had the treatment yesterday, I would give your body more time to heal. It is likely that the welt will subside a few weeks after treatment. What you are experiencing is not cause for concern. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD