Ulthera Safe One Year Post Fat Graft?

A year ago I had fat transfer done to my cheek and mouth area. A lot of it has reabsorbed but my skin was getting looser so I decided to have Ulthera. I asked my doctor and she said its safe after this time. I'm almost a week after Ulthera, see no volume loss but am worried if the fat that has set and remained over the year can now dissipate faster or become uneven?

Ultherapy after fat grafting

+1

The ultrasound transducer is used to visualize treated areas with Ultherapy, delivery focused ultrasound waves 3 and 4.5 mm below the top skin layer. I have treated 3 patients who had fat grafting and saw no untoward effects after treatment. I have been doing Ultherapy since 2010. Read the Ultherapy book provided on the link below to educate yourself further about this procedure. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

Ulthera After Fat Graft

+1

As a board-certified dermatologist, I have not seen any evidence that Ulthera affects the results of fat grafting, especially one year post treatment. One of the great things about Ulthera is that it’s technology allows the doctor to see the exact location the ultrasound is targeting so that certain areas, such as those treated with fillers or fat grafting, can be avoided.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy in Los Angeles

+1

Ultherapy uses DeepSee technology that allows for direct visualization of the area of treatment with ultrasound. This allows for more directed treatment and although there is no scientific data about fat resorption, you may ask our office to customize your treatment to address your concerns. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Ultherapy for facial lifting can be done a year after fat grafting

+1

There have been no scientific studies of which I am aware that demonstrate fat reduction with the use of Ultherapy. The monitor allows the doctor to see the level of depth that the energy will travel to heat the fascial connective tissue which is deeper than the fat. Unfortunately no one can guarantee that there wouldn't be a change in the subcutaneous volume after Ultherapy, but there is no evidence of such that we can state it is something to expect. Waiting a year is reasonable.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs

Ronald Shelton, MD