Is Ulthera Safe for Parkenson Patients?

My husband would have Ulthera performed tomorrow if he knew it was safe for Parkenson's patients. Has a study been performed? What can you tell us?

Ulthera and Parkinson's

+1

Parkinson's disease results from lack of dopamine (a neurotransmitter) in the substantia nigra (a part of the brain). Ultherapy is nothing more than precise, focused ultrasound waves aimed at tightening the collagen within the dermis of the skin. There is no interaction with dopaminergic systems, or the part of the brain involved with Parkinson's. Thus, I see no reason why Parkinsons would be a contraindication to Ulthera. However, I would make sure your husband notifies his doctor of his condition, as well as any medications he may be taking, as they may interfere with any medications he may choose to take for the discomfort of the procedure. 

Ultherapy not restricted from patients with Parkinson's

+1

I am not aware of any reason why Parkinson's disease would be a contraindication from having Ultherapy. Ulthera involves deep focused ultrasound energy but at a depth of 4.5 mm. there is no risk of affecting the central nervous system.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/ultherapy/index.html