Will Ulthera Interfere with Recent Sculptra Treatment?

I had my second Sculptra treatment yesterday. In 8 days I am scheduled for a Ulthera treatment. Is this too soon? Will the Ulthera have an adverse effect on the Sculptra? My doctor insists it will not, however, I would appreciate another opinion.

Ulthera and Sculptra

+3

There is not enough data collected by physicians who are using this techonology and happen to have patients who had Sculpra injected for volume, to determine if the Ulthera interferes with the benefit of the Sculptra or possibly increases any risk of using the Sculptra.  Certainly, this was not a formal test that the company needed to do in order to get the FDA's approval as a device. The concern is that Ulthera is deeply penetrating and at a depth of 6mm. penetration, the ultrasound might reach some, if not a major, component of the Sculptra. This may or may not affect the Sculptra's performance. It may take a few years to gather this data.

Ulthera after Sculptra: is it okay?

+3

Sculptra is a collagen stimulator, composed of poly-l-lactic particles.  Once it's injected, your body starts to react to it by forming new collagen, which "fills" the facial areas that have been treated.

Ulthera is an ultrasound-based facial skin treatment advertised to promote skin lifting.  While you may not see much result from an Ulthera treatment, it would be okay to do it 8 days after having your Sculptra treatment.

Carmen Kavali, MD