Ulthera and Fillers

Because of some uneven facial liposuction, I was left with uneven contours in the mid/lower face and along the jawline. In an attempt to correct this, I have had fillers (Juv & Restylane) placed in the hollow areas to even everything out. Not wanting a lift, but feeling it would help more than fillers, I am ready to try Ulthera but was wondering whether or not I should have the fillers dissolved first with Hyl Acid? I am concerned the fillers would prevent maximum tightening results from Ulther.

Ulthera Use After Fillers

+3

The concern with using Ulthera over an area that has had filler injected is that it can dissolve the filler.  You certainly will see some tightening of the area but there is no guarantee that it will eliminate all of the contour problems.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera and fillers

+3

Ulthera will work with fillers in place. It may dissolve some of the filler. You can re inject fillers after the Ulthera treatment. You should also consider fat injections to correct the depressions.

Luis A. Vinas, MD

Ultherapy and Fillers

+2

We prefer to perform Ultherapy face and neck skin tightening prior to filler injectable procedures. However, we have had experiences with patients who have done just fine and get good results from Ultherapy having had fillers previously (as short as 4 weeks prior) and have seen very modest degradation of the prior filler injection. Bottomline is we do not know how much of the filler may be degraded from ultrasonic energy delivered by Ultherapy and thus I have a preference of performing Ultherapy first prior to filler injections.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultheapy for lifting of the face after liposuction and fillers

+2

You must be seen in person for an evaluation.  If you had liposuction of the face, then fillers, then hyaluronidase enzyme to dissolve the fat, then Ultherapy to improve the appearance, I would be concerned about too many procedures being done shortly after one another, almost the Yo-Yo effect.  Lifting with Ultheapy should not help a volume deficit problem.

Before you chase one problem and cause another and create a viscious cycle, I would suggest you allow all the fillers to dissolve normally. Then reevaluate your condition by seeing another opinion. S

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ulthera and fillers

+1

Hi,

Ulthera works by tightening the skin at the deeper levels. You mentioned Hyl acid to dissolve the fillers but I think you are referring to  hyaluronidase.  The latter works as a dissolver of injected hyaluronic acid injections....Restylene/Juvederm.  It does not work for Radiesse.

Assuming you had Rest/Juvederm, this is still not a necessary step.  You can do the Ultherapy and if there is loss of a filler component of any type, then you can always reinject after the skin is tightened.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera and fillers

+1

You can have Ulthera after fillers.  You should wait at least 2 weeks to minimize dissolving the filler that is there.  Even after that time, you may see the filler dissolve to a certain extent.  I would wait 3 months after the treatment to see how the Ulthera is lifting before re-injecting, if you need it.

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon