Should I Be Concerned of Ulthera for Cheek Sagging Causing Fat Loss?

I'm considering ulthera for cheek sagging, but am worried about its effect on fat. I read somewhere that it can cause fat loss. Wouldn't that ultimately be a negative effect in terms of aging and sagging? Unless you have a very round face to begin with (which I don't).

Volume loss or fat loss not seen with Ultherapy - Williamsville NY

I have done Ultherapy since 2011 on hundreds of patients.

I, myself have had the treatment in 2011.

I have not seen a single patient in my practice who has complained of volume loss or fat loss after Ultherapy. 

Read the Ultherapy book provided on the link below under 'ebooks'

Ulthera may only cause tightening and lifting but no fat loss

Studies may show eventually evidence that there is no fat reduction with Ultherapy, just collagen tightening and lifting. I am not aware of cases of fat loss from Ulthera.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Ulthera and its Effect on Facial fat

I have not heard of not have I experienced fat atrophy  after Ultherapy treatments.  The focused ultrasound waves are designed to stimulate collagen production at depths of 3 and 4.5 mm, not to stimulate a lipolytic effect.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy does not usually cause fat loss

Ulthera treatment, which uses burst of highly focused ultrasound to stimulate collagen for a lifting effect, is not expected to reduce fat. Because the layer being treated can be visualized using the imaging component during treatment, the layers rich in collagen such as the SMAS in the face can be targeted with minimal effect on fat. In contrast, Liposonix, which also uses focused ultrasound, targets the fat layer at a deeper level.

Richard Baxter, MD