Ulthera or Facial Filler for 32 Y/o That Wants to Look 20?

Main concerns; sagging in lower face and volume loss. I'm leaning toward ulthera bc I don't like the idea of a lot of filler. But would ulthera make my face appear too small. If would not be recommended then I would consider fillers. Fillers for what area would you recommend? Cheeks, mouth, nasiabial folds? Thanks

Ultherapy for lifting sagging facial skin and fillers for volume loss

+1

Ultherapy can't help fill well, the facial areas that have lost volume.  Although when the face sags, some areas leave hollowness it is probably the hollowness from fat loss underneath the muscles and above the bone that cause the sagging.  Once the sagging is helped by Ultherapy ultrasound or facelift, the skin that is redraped higher usually doesn't fill the depressed areas.  Volumization with fat injections, Sculptra, Radiesse, Juvederm Ultraplus or Perlane, can be done. Your anatomy is specific to you and you need and in-person consultation to determine what areas need to be treated.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. If you are experiencing a medical emergency proceed to your nearest emergency room.

Aging is not just about Ulthera, and not just about Fillers, you will need both

+1

Nothing is simple about aging, as the face hollows, we loose structure, and the cheeks fall downward, and to make matters worse, along comes gravity and looser skin as well, so what to do? Answer: both need fixing. so for my patients I say we need to fix them both, I would suggest to begin your treatment day, start with filler, maybe Juvederm for the marionette lines, and maybe lip lines, and then Sculptra, to begin to add back lift and youthful fullness to the cheeks. I would then, that same day switch rooms and proceed with Ulthera, to promote deep tissue collagen tightening. So the answer for which to begin with, the best answer is both, as both need fixing.  

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Ulthera or Fillers?

+1

Difficult to say without a pic and an exam. Depends on what your problem is, if it is volume loss filler, if it is sagging skin then Ulthera will work well. Find a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to discuss your concerns and goals, good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Would Ulthera or fillers be better?

+1

When the face ages, it does so in a number of ways: skin changes, volume changes, and changes in support.  Ulthera and facial filler address different problems.  Ulthera helps to lift and re-support the underlying collagen framework.  Facial fillers address areas of volume loss. Often times I will recommend both procedures because they complement each other.  If you are going to choose only one, it is important to determine which bothers you more.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera vs Fillers

+1

In my experience ulthera is great for sagging necks, defining jawlines, and drooping of the eyelids and while it will soften the nasolabial folds and help the downturned mouth corners it will not erase them. I frequently recommend them together to get the best results, however if your main concern in the volume loss in cheeks and nasolabial folds I think filler is the way to go.

Rosalyn George, MD
Wilmington Dermatologic Surgeon