Ulthera As an Alternative to Tradition Surgery?

I recently read about Ulthera as a new alternative to a neck lift: http://www.newjerseyplasticsurgery.com/new-technology/ulthera-the-new-non-surgical-neck-lift. Is this effective? Is it a good alternative to traditional surgery?

+1

Ulthera and all non-surgical lifting methods available using today's technologies will tighten several mm's of skin.  If you compare that to a Face Lift or Neck Lift including the minimally invasive versions, which are my Face Lift of choice these days, that removes 2-3 inches of loose skin or more...it become apparent that the surgical options are 10 times more effective in removing and tightening the skin.  

Everything, including Ulthera, has it's place in plastic and cosmetic surgery as long as the MD understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face and puts the right aesthetic tool to use in the correct situation.  

Ulthera is a very good non-surgical lifting procedure but is NOT a facelift

+1

Yes, Ulthera is a great non-invasive facial lifting procedure if the patient is not a candidate for surgery or does not wish to have surgery, but the measurement of skin lifting is not the same as a surgical lift. Expectations need to be realistic.  In fact, there can be no guarantees of the result with a device initiated lifting procedure that depends on your body's response in making collagen  and having the preexisting connective tissue tighten. The advantages of Ultherapy is virtually no downtime and it can be repeated in six to twelve months if desired. You're back to work and activities the next morning

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ulthera is not a replacement for surgery

+1

Ulthera is not a replacement for surgery.  No non-surgical method can come close to the results we get with surgery.  However, depending on the level of your need Ulthera does provide good results.  At my office, if you are not satisfied with your results from Ulthera I will deduct the money spent off your facelift/necklift surgery.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Ulthera for neck improvement

+1

Ulthera is a non-surgical alternative for improving the appearance of the neck but is not a replacement for standard surgical techniques.  Surgery removes excess skin creating a permanent tightening that can be more dramatic than that with Ulthera.  Ulthera has much less downtime than surgery but also has more subtle results so it is best to discuss this with a surgeon experienced with both.

Kristin Egan, MD
Manhattan Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulterapy as Facelift Alternative

+1

Yes, it is an non-surgical alternative to a facelift but definitely not a replacement. Ulthera has quickly become the new standard for non-invasive face and neck tightening. In our experience, combination with fillers (and maybe some Botox) will result in overall better improvements than each treatment alone.

But an expert facelift will always deliver superior improvements and better longevity - but a face and necklift as a surgical procedure requires the patient to truly be ready for it. Do your research. It may be helpful to talk to a surgeon who performs both facelifts and Ultherapy.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera is an Alternative, But the Result Will Not Be As Good As Surgery

+1

Ulthera, a treatment using focused ultrasonic waves to tighten the face and neck, is a way of achieving some form of change in the face and neck.  However, it should never be advertised or described as being an equal or equivalent treatment to a Facelift.  In my experience with Ulthera, younger patients and those desiring some improvement without surgery are reasonable candidates.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera is not the same as a surgical result

+1

There is no non-surgical therapy, Ulthera, Thermage or any other, that comes anywhere close to the result you can get with a properly done neck lift/ facelift by an excellet plastic surgeon.  It can't be looked at as an equivalent or a substitute for surgery.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS