Ulthera and Accutane?

Would it be safe for me to have Ulthera facial treatments done while I am taking Accutane which was prescribed to me by my dermatologist for adult acne?

Ultherapy and Accutane

+1

I would wait six months after Accutane before doing Ultherapy although there is no proven cause and effect of scarring with epidermal resurfacing (where the risk for scarring is greater from a lack of reepithelialization after Accutane). The Ultherapy targets the deep dermal collagen which may not be subject to poor healing from Accutane.

Ultherapy and accutane

+1

It is well known that patients on accutane can have poor wound healing, therefore I do not recommend while you are on accutane and have an uthera procedure done. This is a precaution.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Ulthera and Accutane

+1

I think it would be very unwise to have Ultherapy while on Accutane.  Although the depth of treatment with Ulthera is usually in the layer below the skin, it is not reasonable to take unnecessary risks. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon