Why is the tip of my nose like this? (photos)

It has nearly been 16 weeks since I had my operation. I have had concerns with the tip of my nose since about 4 weeks after my operation. I put it down to swelling etc. However as the swelling has started to disappear my nose looks worse. the tip feels like it has a ledge or ball on the end it looks very un natural and the cartilage to the side of my nose near the tip is so prominent. I am worried so much about my nose and if it will change or has this been a really bad operation. Thanks

Nasal tip

The outline of the nasal tip cartilages are becoming more prominent as swelling is reducing.  In the photos it looks as if the tip is relatively prominent and may need to be addressed to improve tip contour.  I would recommend you follow up with your surgeon.  If as healing continues the tip continues to appear to bulbous this can be corrected.

East Brunswick Facial Plastic Surgeon

31 River Rd
Highland Park, NJ 08904

Bulbous nasal tip

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are a concerned with what you feel especially with the "bulbous tip" after your rhinoplasty. Changes after rhinoplasties vary with every patient and edema is something that we have to wait on since it tends to mask the actual results after the surgery.

It is crucial to note that it is too early to pass a judgement. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself and to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendations at the moment is to be patient, allow nature to take its course and edema subsides for better results. There is no doubt that once the swelling subsides, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier with the results.

Also, it is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and please remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

496 Old Newport Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92663