Are any parts of a rhinoplasty that are less complicated, like perhaps the shortening of the nose or narrowing of the nose?

I heard that a typical full rhinoplasty is pretty complicated but are there any parts of a rhinoplasty that are considered easier than others like perhaps the shortening of the nose or narrowing of the nose. What is the easiest and less complex parts of a rhinoplasty?

Rhinoplasty

+1
Rhinoplasties can be complicated surgeries.  Open rhinoplasties are generally more complicated than closed.  Even a very complicated rhinoplasty typically only takes 2 to 3 hours.  I would not try to avoid a rhinoplasty because it is complicated.  Those are typically the people who benefit from it the most.   Rhinoplasties can become questionable if they secondary or tertiary rhinoplasties.  I hope this helps

Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1
Dear Reed2000, Rhinoplasty is a procedure that is done with all of it's necessary parts in order to provide the patient with a nice natural looking nose that fits their facial aesthetics. You do not leave a step out due to it's complex nature. While rhinoplasty is considered one of the more intricate procedures in plastic surgery expertise is the key to ease. When you have performed thousands upon thousands of rhinoplasty procedures experience enables you to perform your best whether it is a fairly simple straightforward case or a more complex procedure. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

+1
Yes, some parts of rhinoplaty are more straight forward and more predictable and there are parts that require a great deal more rhinoplasty sophistication. Although, with experience the difficult parts become less challenging. Rhinoplasty is the most demanding plastic surgery procedure and there is no plastic surgery procedure that requires as much precision and attention to the details.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
All the elements in a rhinoplasty are performed to gain a desired result as each is related to the other in obtaining a specific result, therefore, one does not look at one procedure as being more difficult then another as they are all related.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

+1
  I would not worry about the relative ease of maneuvers.  I would find a rhinoplasty expert who can improve whatever you would like improved.