Do I need a Tummy Tuck OR Laser Skin Tightening Treatments? (photo)

I've had 2 pregnancies & my last baby was big & stretched my belly. My skin isn't exactly loose but it's not as tight as it used to be. I don't want a TT, I hate the scar but I want I flat stomach & small waist. Can Thermage & laser tightening treatments do the trick? Thanks

Laser + Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction may help you

+1
Laser  + Ultrasound assisted liposuction will give you flat and shapely tummy with best possible skin tightening to avoid major procedure like tummy tuck. follow up procedure  like fractional CO2 laser will help to improve the appearance of the stretch marks.  

India Plastic Surgeon

TT

+1
I agree totally with Dr Singer.  You will not get the desired result without surgery

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a Tummy Tuck OR Laser Skin Tightening Treatments?

+1
Unfortunately, you will not achieve a flat stomach and small waist with Thermage, laser tightening treatments, or any non-surgical procedure.

I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Treatment options

+1
Thank you for your question and photos. Looking at your picture(s) you seem to be an excellent candidate for procedure(s) that can avoid the large scar associated with a tummy tuck. Laser tightening treatments such as Thermage only treat loose skin conditions - e.g. loose skin after weight loss. Liposuction with internal lasers (e.g. SmartLipo) would be a great option. It would remove the excess fat and laser energy is used to reduce bruising / swelling, and increase skin tightening.

Navanjun S. Grewal, MD