Can I have some advice on Revision Rhinoplasty? (Photo)

3 years ago I was attacked in an assault which resulted in a broken nose. I was referred to an NHS ENT surgeon who suggested that I have a septorhinoplasty. and I haven't healed very well and my Dr has suggested a revision although I'm going to go private. There is scarring inside which I think is pulling on the alar walls and I have faulty nasal valves. Ive also lost a bit of weight which I think is making it look worse on my face. Thank you for responding.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear Out there, An examination would be needed to determine a proper surgical plan however osteotomies would provide a nice result in thinning your nose. During examination imaging can be done to show you the proposed surgical results and determine what procedures need to be done to provide these results while allowing proper breathing and function. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Revision Rhinoplasty after trauma

+1
If you are having trouble with breathing, then fixing the valves might help with that. However, from the two pictures I have seen, I think osteotomies to narrow the upper third of your nose might help the most. Remember, grafting to address the nasal valve, although an extremely important part of primary and revision rhinoplasty, can in some instances make the nose look wider. I'm not sure I see a nasal valve collapse in your case. However, I haven't seen the inside of your nose.

Good Luck!

Samir Undavia, MD
Princeton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Narrowing of your nose on front view may require osteotomies.

+1
Your nose appears straight but wide in its upper two thirds. You may benefit from consulting several rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what might be best for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty candidate for broken noseThank you near to make sure the Janet #1 some

+1
Trauma to the nose can result in a fracture and widening of the nasal bones.   Nasal trauma can also result in a fracture of the septum also noted is a deviated septum. Trauma can also result in fracturing of the upper lateral cartilages off of the nasal bones which then become concave and can block the airway  also known as valve collapse. 
Osteotomies of the nasal bones can narrow and straighten them,  while a spreader graft composed of the patient's own cartilage can be placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilages and help with valve collapse.

Revision Rhinoplasty after trauma

+1
The best recommendation is to consult with a board certified specialist who has training in both head and neck surgery and facial plastic surgery to help you achieve the results you seek both on the inside and outside of your nose.  3-dimensional computer imaging will help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
You need an in-person exam to go over your exact concerns.  However, your ala grooves appear to be retracted.  This can certainly be fixed with grafting.  Seek out a facial plastic surgeon for a consult.  Best wishes. 

David Alessi, MD