Is one of these results possible? (photo)

I have wide bridge, broad tip, wide nasal base & poor projection. I have a big nose that I want to be resized & reshaped considerably.

Rhinoplasty candidate for realistic results for ethnic nose

+2
The photos shown cannot be obtained with a rhinoplasty procedure based on your existing preoperative condition. It is a good idea to seek out an in-person consultation and examination by  a rhinoplasty specialist who can perform computer imaging on you in the office setting. Thick skin will be an impediment to seeing a very refined result.

One of these noses possible for me?

+2
No! You can have a more attractive nose but your skin is too thick to give you a thin skinned nose and you should not believe a surgeon who says he can. However, I have done many patients who have been happy with a more attractive nose.

Rhinoplasty

+2
I would go to specialists in your area that will take your photo digitally and then alter, with your input, so you may see how our nose might look with surgery.  That way you will be fully informed as to what can be accomplished and what not

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Is one of these results possible?

+2
A rhinoplasty done by a skilled surgeon with extensive experience in ethnic noses can give you a nice change. We never try to make one nose look like another as that is not possible.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Is one of these results possible?

+2
While it is achievable to have a thinner, more refined nose, it is improbable that you will have a nose similar to the photos you shared.  Your rhinoplasty would reduce the size of your tip; thin it out and support it.  It is hard to see the bridge of your nose, so a better photo or an in-person consult would be best.

Is one of these results possible?

+2
There is always a limit of what can be achieved in any particular patient and you need to be realistic about the outcome. While the areas that concern you can be cosmetically improved, it is highly improbable that you would achieve the exact result of either of the noses that you showed.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive ethnic rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+2
You need an in-person exam or better photos to best give a plan.  However, your tip is wide and you don't have good tip support.  Also, the tip skin appears thick.  Your tip and bridge can be made thinner and your tip can be better supported.  We do both open and closed, but I suspect you will need an open approach for the best result.  With thick appearing skin, you may not get as thin as the photos show, but you should be able to have a very nice results.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Is one of these results possible?

+2
You can have a more refined nose that is natural in appearance. I perform these surgeries with closed technique to preserve the structure of the nose and minimize visible scarring.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

+1
Dear Shanny1, The best advice would be for you to see a specialist in the field of rhinoplasty who also uses digital imaging. With consultation and examination a digital imaging can be done which would show you the proposed changes to your nose and how they will look with your facial aesthetics. You do not want to put to small of a nose on a patient if it does not bring their features into harmony and look natural. Imaging will be able to provide the proper answers for you to move forward in your decision of whether you want to proceed with rhinoplasty surgery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD