I want a nose job. What kind of result could I get from rhinoplasty? (Photo)

my nose is slightly wide but not too much and I would like the side profile bone a shorter width but the thing that bothers me the most is my bulbous tip. what kind of result could I get with rhinoplasty? I have went for consultation before and I was told that my skin is too thick which upset me.

Results from rhinoplasty

+1
Dear 352611anon,

• You have a very pretty face and would be a great candidate for a rhinoplasty
  • The skin thickness can affect how refined the tip can be, but there are little tricks to improve definition as well
  • Seek out a rhinoplasty specialist who can address all of your concerns with results that you like

Nima Shemirani

I want a nose job. What kind of result could I get from rhinoplasty?

+1
    You could get a very nice tip refinement through a closed rhinoplasty with no visible scars. 

Bulbous tip repair with rhinoplasty

+1
From just seeing your photos your nasal skin doesn't appear very thick to me. An in person exam would be needed to better assess this, of course. It seems that you should be able to see some improvement with rhinoplasty, though. You can check out my web reference link below learn more about bulbous nose repair.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip.

+1
Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip with narrowing of the base will give you a much more attractive nose. Your skin does not look too thick.  See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Goals of Rhinoplasty

+1
Having done this surgery for 35 years I respectfully disagree with the physician who told you that your skin was too thick. Thinner skin is advantageous when trying to improve definition but you can achieve significant improvement. Based solely on the pictures you submitted your skin does not look terribly thick. You need a consultation so reasonable expectations can be established.

+1
Yes, you would absolutely benefit from a rhinoplasty and tipplasty.  The goal would be to thin and refine the nose to appear more soft and subtle.  This can be done through a closed rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty to decrease the bulbous tip

+1
When thick skin is present in the tip, you will not see as much definition with the tip rhinoplasty then if  you were to have thin skin. That said,you will still get some refinement of the nasal tip cartilages with suturing techniques to the lower lateral cartilages. Occasionally a graft of cartilage can be placed at the top of the tip  to increase definition period for many examples, please see the link below 

Rhinoplasty result

+1
Thank you for your question and photos though obviously a full examination is needed.  I would go to a specialist who will take your photo digitally and then alter it with your input till you see the result you are looking for and then ask him how he will accomplish it

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Thick skin should not be a major problem

+1
Dear 352611anon :)

Dealing with thick skin can  be a difficult problem, especially if the surgeon is using a closed approach. However, a rhinoplasty specialist who has experience with thicker skin and different ethnicities noses can evaluate your nose and explain in detail how he/ she would deal with the issue and go about achieving your goal.

Peyman Solieman, MD