Uneven Size and Appearance After Uplift and Implants?

I had an uplift and implants in june 2012 and I am not completely happy with the outcome. I feel that they are lopsided and one is larger than the other, also one nipple is larger. They seemed identical in size when first done but as time has progressed one has dropped and appears larger, I also get a burning sensation under the breast. I seen surgeon from the clinic I went to and he disagreed bout size/appearance but agreed that the nipple was larger and so agreed to revision in 3 months

Concerns about asymmetry

+2

after a lift augmentation requires photos for others to comment.  If you really feel your surgeon isn't being forthright with you, get a second opinion.

Uneven breasts after implants and lift

+2

Without a photo its difficult to comment. I agree that your surgeon should take photos of you and sit with you and look at the befores and afters together. If you feel many things need to be fixed, and your surgeon only wants to fix one issue, then I would suggest getting a second opinion. If there are multiple issues that need to be addressed, there would be little benefit of having surgery to fix one and not the others. You should realize that some asymmetry is not uncommon as most womens breasts are not symmetric to start with. Its not uncommon for them to have never noticed this until after they have surgery. I always point out asymmetries to the patient so they arent surprised after surgery that both breasts arent identical. Best of luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+2

So it sounds like a plan that you made!  An areola adjustment and not an implant exchange. I can not really comment without an exam.

Breast asymmetry after lift and augmentation

+2

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment after your breast surgery and I am glad that you are talking with your surgeon about the problem.  One suggestion for you to pursue is to have your surgeon do photos of your breasts as they are now and look at the photos together so you can have an objective viewpoint of the breasts.  Then you can point out the differences you see on the breasts and speak with your surgeon about possible surgeries to correct the differences.  From your description, it seems like you have had some bottoming out of the one side which is putting pressure on the lower breast and may be the cause of your discomfort.  You may need to have a supportive material added to the breast in order to keep the implant better positioned.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after augment/lift

+2

I am sorry to hear that you have an asymmetry.  This can be caused by a variety of factors and it would be pure speculation, in the absence of a photo, to make an assessment as to the reason as well as a surgical recommendation for revision. It is important for your surgeon to communicate effectively with you as to the extent of the proposed revision and what you can expect postoperatively.  Best wishes.

Discussing revision breast surgery with your surgeon

+1

It sounds like you have done the right thing in that you have discussed your outcome with your surgeon.  Hopefully your asymmetry can be improved with the planned procedure.  It is important to remember that no two breasts are perfectly symmetric and that is it natural to have some minor differences between the two.  Hopefully your surgeon can make you feel better about your result. I wish you the best.  Good luck.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

+1

Without photos, it is not possible to comment on our impressions of symmetry. 

Illustrated here is some degree of unpredictability in terms of healing. The surgeon could not have done better than achieving identical size at surgery, but what appeared even then does not now. What happens after surgery is not entirely  in our (doc and patient) direct control.

It seems that your surgeon is responsive to  the issues by offering a revision. Based on that, I would bet he thinks whatever asymmetry you are noting is not sufficient to adjust. Please consider posting photos if would want comments on that issue.

Thanks, all the best. 

Post Operative Asymmetry

+1

It is not uncommon to have some minor asymmetries after your surgery. There are a significant amount of variables that can impact on your outcome that cannot be controlled. I would suggest you readdress the issue with your surgeon. If after you are not confident with his suggestion, seek a second opinion.

Thank you for the question. Best wishes.

Uneven Areolar Size After Lift

+1

I think it is important to realize that no matter how perfect breasts can look on the operating table (I take pictures every time), breast lift and implants introduce a lot of variables in healing such as varying skin tension, etc.  Thus, even if both areolae are perfectly symmetric after the surgery there will be some asymmetry at the end of healing.  If your surgeon is willing to try again, go for it.  

Concerns about Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

Your description of your situation makes a lot of sense. Often, if one of a patient's breast implants settles too far (relative to the other side),  she may feel that the lower breast seems larger as well. Sometimes, this breast implant displacement can also cause discomfort.

I would suggest that you readdress your concerns with your plastic surgeon in a calm/constructive fashion. If you continue to disagree, you may benefit from in person 2nd opinion consultations.  Understand, of course, that absolute symmetry of the breasts will likely never be achieved. Achieving real expectations is very important regardless of the type of surgery performed.

If you are dealing with a breast implant displacement problem, an internal suture repair of the breast implants “pocket” (of the relatively low riding breast implant) may be helpful in improving the breast symmetry.

Ask to see lots of examples of the plastic surgeons' work helping patients in your situation.

I hope this, and the attached link, help.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_revisionarybreastsurgery.htm